♤Chapter 37♤

Leave me some comments, you beautiful people. Happy holidays!

♤♠♤

It turned out, the power did go out because when I woke up again, hours later in my initial seat, there was a candle sitting on the table. I didn't dwell on it then because I was too tired to. It's when I woke up the second time to something nudging me, that I did.

I looked down at myself when I felt something shift over me. It was a comforter. I snuggled into it even more, curling in on myself.

"What happen?" I yawned into the fluffy cover, my eyes barely opening all the way.

"Breakfast."

I didn't respond for a moment, slipping in and out of sleep in those couple of seconds.

"I told them we were up late, but they don't care. So, we have to go."

"Tell them I died," I grumbled, turning over on my other side.

"I say that, and I'll be the one dead. Come on, get up." He smacked my thigh gently.

"Five minutes." My voice came out muffled.

"I'm not supposed to tell you this but, you get to open presents in a little bit."

I sat up, blinking away the burning in my eyes, but not quite seeing anything yet. "I'm up, I'm up." I yawned again, my body swaying side to side slowly as I tried not to go back down.

There was a low chuckle. "You're so cute. Come on." He tried to pull the comforter away from around my tangled legs so I could get up. I didn't have the energy or brainpower to help, so he was doing all that by himself.

The door to the room opened and I could hear the sound of multiple people talking at once, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. My body felt limp, my eyes were closed and all I could think about was sleeping.

"Man, I thought y'all was on some freaky shit. I was shook for a second." I heard someone say.

The voice sounded familiar, but I wasn't sure who it was right now. It was a bunch of us here. Probably like 15 to 20 people maybe. It didn't really feel like it to be honest since we're all so used to seeing each other.

"How late were y'all up?"

"Yeah, we all went to bed around 1 or something."

"Four maybe," Chris said, still trying to get the comforter from around my legs. He made some weird sounds before he stopped. "Can you help me, please?" He said, sarcastically.

I started tilting back, but he held my arms and pulled me upright again. I whined.

"I'm not hungry."

"Never thought I'd hear you say those words," he said, amused. "But you can't sleep through half your birthday."

"Oh, yeah, happy birthday, girl." Someone said, followed by a couple others.

My eyes opened halfway. "That's still goin'?" There were some laughs. "Thought we did that shit yesterday, man."

Chris tried not to smile as my eyes fluttered, trying to stay open.

"Yeah, it's still going." He nodded, humoring me.

"My mom made a bunch of stuff for breakfast-"

I got up. "All right," I said exasperatedly. "Y'all don't see me getting' up? Damn." I ignored their series of amused sounds and leaned down, almost falling over until Chris gripped my arm again to steady me and pulled the covers from my legs fully. "I need to brush my teeth though."