♠Chapter 11♠

“What time is it?” I asked her, chewing on my twizzler and peering at her laptop.

 We were watching music videos, because apparently, that's her favorite past time.

 “2,” she said, breaking off a bar of her KitKat and biting into it. Her eyes were glued to the screen and we were watching a Bryson Tiller music video.

 I slid down even more on the bed, folding my arm so that I can rest my head on top of my hand, pressing back into the pillows.

 She clutched the sheets that rode down a bit when I stretched and looked down at me, “You better stop before I flash you some,” she said warningly and I grinned. I can't say that I would be opposed to that but I didn't voice it, “They have me butt naked in hea’. I couldn't change cause they wanted easy access to my wound. I have on underwear though, so don't go gettin ideas.” She points at me.

 I laughed, “I'm not.” She's been like this for the past couple of hours that had me wondering how strong their medication really is. I'd like to think it was the medication because I've never heard her talk like this before. I wasn't complaining since it was entertaining, but I don't think when she's back to her right mind, she's gonna be to pleased with herself.

 “I seriously need to know when your mom's going to be here,” I said, watching the side of her face, “So I know not to look so comfortable,” I looked down at my body that was sprawled out next to her. Much too comfortable for two people who just met at the beginning of the school year, “Or be here.”

 “Oh stop,” she laughed, “My mom doesn't get off until like…” Her face scrunched up a bit, “Five and she's gonna get here later than that, so you're fine.” She reaches down blindly and pats my stomach. A second later she laid her hand flat on my abdomen and started rubbing me down, “So fine,” she said and the muscles in my abdomen tightened as I laughed, “Ouuu,” she said, reaching for the bottom of my shirt and lifting it.

 “Chill,” I laughed loudly, placing my hand on my shirt and keeping it down as she tried to peer under it.

 “I wanna see,” she said, still trying to lift it, “Lemme see.”

 I shook my head with a grin, then moved my hand. She pushed the shirt almost up to my chest.

 “Eeeeeeeoooooowwww,” she dragged out and at this point I was wheezing.

 I did construction over the summer and I ran a lot, so you could say I was ‘ripped’. It wasn't much of a big deal to me since I've been like this throughout high school with track and everything, but her reaction was hilarious.

 She ran her fingers down my torso, her fingers dipping along the ridges of my muscles and that caused something to happen in my body that a shiver racked through me. That was something I haven't felt in a while, which explains why I clutched her hand to stop her from keep going.

 She met my eyes with a smile and that eased the tension from my body, causing me to let out a breathy laugh.

 “Where'd you get them?” She said, her eyes dropping to my body.

 “Get?” I replied in amusement and she just stared at me expectantly. I shook my head with a grin, “My dad's friend's with the owner of a construction company in upstate New York and I get to work for him every summer.” I told her.

 Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped, ripping her hand out from under mine and slapping her palm back on my stomach. It sounded with a loud smack but it didn't hurt. All I did was look down at her hand,then back up at her.

 “New York?” She asked incredulously, leaning over me a little, “I love New York. I have people there. Can you take me next time?”

 I grinned, “Sure-”