♤Chapter 49♤

Please excuse all my excessive errors or anything that doesn't add up and enjoy this long ass chapter. 

I don't have as much time to go over it another day and update but I did my best on it.

♤♠♤

On prom day, the students who were going only went to school for a half-day. Most seniors didn't even come to school. Yesterday, Thursday, had been their last day for finals and Friday was for makeups. Hopefully, no one had to make up a test that went past noon.

The girls and I were going to Jess's house to get ready for the night. My mom even took off work to bring my stuff over and help put my mess of a self together.

I still hadn't gotten to see my dress, but I knew they found one. I saw my mom come home with a huge box last night and when I'd ask her what it was, she'd ignored me. I hadn't gotten to try it on nor do I know what kind of dress it was—not even the color.

Jess told me her, her mom, my mom, Mar, and Jules went out to finish the whole shopping thing without me when I texted her. And yes, they'd found 'the perfect dress', according to her.

I've been hoping and praying, ever since Tuesday when Jess brought up that they found dresses, that they wouldn't buy crap to stuff me in. I knew Jess wouldn't do me wrong, but my mom... I don't know.

At twelve-thirty, they let us out while the girls said they need to do more shopping. I had no clue what they were getting again but Jess promised to get makeup in my shade if they needed it. After promising to see them soon, I went with Chris.

The guys had it easier. While us girls are going to be pampered and puffed up for hours, down until the last minute, they were going to Chris's house to play videogames. Videogames!

There was no way Chris and I were going to get to- hang out. We were planning on hanging out at his place for a little bit before they came barging in for me but that wasn't happening.

It's been about two weeks since our first time. I loved thinking that. But I found that the whole 'practice' thing really works. And now we were practically obsessed with each other. I didn't think we were doing a good job at hiding it because even I can feel the tension every single time we're anywhere together. But no one's said anything—no one's pointed it out—yet still, I didn't want to jinx it.

I couldn't wait until after prom for us to be alone, not with what I was expecting this evening. I was going to be forced in a chair and get plucked and waxed and have makeup put on me. Lord knows I was going to be winded all the way up.

Chris was parked on the side of the highway we'd taken. He'd planned to stop by Chipotle to get food for the guys before going home and I was complaining the whole time.

Somewhere in my rant he'd pulled over and leaned across the console to kiss me until I couldn't remember where I was. Then his hand went down my yoga pants. Minutes later we were driving again, and I couldn't even get my mind together let alone open my mouth to say something.

"Feeling better?" I could hear the smile and smugness in his voice and usually, I'd retort but like I said, my brain was mush. I needed another minute or two.

He chuckled when I didn't say anything. I closed my eyes as my breathing slowed and I tried to stop my shaking legs.

He'd gotten more confident with each time we messed around and it wasn't a bad thing. It was great actually. It took us about the third try to get things right and every time after that was soul snatching. And it's been a few times.