♤Chapter 35♤

Just a late birthday present for a reader. And a birthday present for anyone who's birthday it is today. 

♤♠♤

ARIANA

I was walking down the crowded hallway, minding my business, and blasting my music in my earbuds, when an arm wrapped around my shoulders and a body pressed into the side of mine.

Making a face, I cowered away while trying to keep my earbuds in since the person was rubbing up against the side of my head and making it fall out. Just by the smell alone, I knew who it was.

"Geeze, dude," I laughed, tilting my head back to look up at Thion, "Can I just... breathe, please?"

His face scrunched up in mock confusion, "What? What does that even mean? I swear all you do is make shit up, bro."

Grinning, I turned and wrapped my arms around his torso and took a deep whiff of his shirt. I'm gonna miss this guy like crazy.

Eventually, it turned into me walking backward while I clung to him, trying not to fall. He even kept his normally giant strides smaller to match my pace, so I don't fall back and crack my skull on their nasty floor.

I had my chin resting on his chest as I stared up at him, "Don't leave me."

His head tilted back, and he laughed loudly while I grinned, trying not to pay attention to the kids who were glancing at us as we bustled through the crowd. Some of them were probably giving me dirty looks, which is understandable, this wasn't the time or place to be getting all cuddly, but come on... it's Thion. The guy was made for cuddling. And he doesn't mind that that's what I use him for.

"Please?" I added, "The others can go, and I'll miss them like, a lot, but you can't leave. Can't you stay back a year?"

"Man," he started, shaking his head with a large grin. He looked down at me, "You let Rich hear you say that and I'm a dead man."

I shook my head, "This ain' 'bout him, he gon be aight," maybe it was something one my face that made him laugh again, "This is about us. Cause he not treating me right, right now, and he don't wanna sign the divorce papers, so..." I was rolling my eyes so hard I could hardly see, "He gots ta' go."

Thion scoffed with a laugh, stopping when we came to the crowd of kids trying to get into the cafeteria. He looked down at me, "Please, you know he's the one you're gonna be bawling your eyes out for when that last day of school hit."

I shook my head, "I mean, not really, since he's gonna be right here," I pointed over my shoulder even though the community college isn't that close, but it is in that general direction, so it counts. "I can see him whenever, but you..." I squeezed him tightly around his torso. He let out a grunt that made me grin and loosen my hold on him, "You're gonna be in New York, dude. My city. You can't be in my city without me."

"And that's why I'm gonna come visit, and if your mom say it's cool you can come out and spend a couple weekends with me or somethin'."

I pouted and was about to declare my love when a teacher cut into our moment.

"Okay, you two, break it up. People need to get through."

I sighed heavily and unwrapped myself from around him as we went through the doors.

Thion leaned down to my ear, "I swear, these old people be hatin' just cause they ain gettin' no dick."

I choked on a laugh and reached up to cover my mouth as I stared at him over my shoulder, stifling my laugh.