VI

misunderstanding might be the death of you

・❥・

ALICIA

The sound of the door opening, to be honest it frightened me, hell; it even scared me what was going to happen next. I just can't keep my mouth shut, can I? Guess I got it from Merle, or maybe even Daryl, but most likely, if I had to guess it was from Merle. I turned to the bathroom door, seeing him getting out, his hair dripping wet, black t-shirt that hugged his torso, and blue denim jeans. Turning to me he flashed his smirk, drying his hair with a white towel, "Huh, like what you see princess?"

"More likely, it's disgusting what I see, hun." I smirked to him, tilting my head to the side as he chuckled, "Feisty, I like it. Keep calling me names princess,  you'll be screaming them later!" He disappeared to the bedroom, his laugh echoing through out the walls. I wanted to scream, kick, and hit him, but I knew it would only make things worse. Stomping to the bedroom, I saw him settled on the bed the covers kicked to the other side of the bed as he held a book in his hands, his eyes meeting mine.

"So coming to bed or what?" Negan looked at me curiously, as I returned a glare to him.

"I ain't sleeping in the same bed as you." I spit out looking at him, as I leaned to the door frame, trying to be intimidating, but with a lunatic like Negan? It just doesn't work. I most likely looked like a tiny puppy to him.  He frowned at me, settling the book on his lap. "You weren't as worried about it last night, ya know just like a good kitten, curling up to my chest." He smirked in victory putting his hands behind his head.

I opened my mouth to say something smart as a comeback but didn't think of anything offensive enough. "You're a dick, you know that?"

He nodded, grabbing the book again, "Sure, sure princess. Whatever makes you sleep at night, with me."

I sighed putting my fingers to the bridge of my nose. "Just like I said, ain't sleeping in the same bed with someone, who calls me kitten, and who could rape me." He lifted his head, his gaze meeting mine, "Sunshine.. I'm not the rape type of a guy. I just make them want it."

I sarcastically laughed at his comment, raising my eyebrows. "And that's exactly what those kind of men say." I took a few steps away from the bedroom, towards the living room as I continued,

"I'm taking the couch anyway, asshole." I shook my head, walking away as I slumped down on the fluffy couch. My eyes staring at the disheveled ceiling, all I could think about was Daryl.

He was broken already, and now.. I can't even imagine what's happening to my big brother. I don't want him to be more broken, he was always the closed off type of a guy, but he still cared. He cared for everyone, even when he wouldn't show it. No, he still cares. 

An exact opposite of Merle. He really was an asshole,  but deep down he loved us and cared for us. I really missed him, I at least wanted to say to him that I love him. 

But Daryl was with him when he had died. Me only seeing, my older brothers decaying body; wasn't exactly pleasant. Even when we weren't so close to each other, I remember myself completely breaking down when seeing the rotting corpse of Merle Dixon.

I wasn't there for both of them, and I hated that too. Merle cared even when he didn't tell it, he showed it. When Shane was trying something on me, he stepped in front of me, which I was very glad about.

I sighed, couldn't catch any sleep at all. My mind was racing with too many thoughts, that I couldn't focus on anything. My mind was going back and forth with Daryl, Rick, Glenn, Abe and Merle, didn't know what or who to think about. But the situation I am in now? 

I'm staying with a psychopath who killed two of my friends, in front of me, in front of all of us, not caring a single thing about anything or anyone. And I couldn't still believe that we were so fucked up and wrapped on Negan's fingers, that he knew which strings to pull, what choices would hurt us. And that is what I hated the most, that I was feeling so weak, to even protest, or say something to Glenn and Abraham, the last words they would have ever heard from me. I was beyond angry about myself.

I won't be weak again, not anymore, starting now. I'll be tougher, just like Merle, and a better person, just like Glenn, and mostly I won't ever be a lunatic, just like Negan.

a/n; omg my first authors note! i want to thank how many reads this book has already got, so i can get motivation to write y'all some more chapters! this was more like a filler chap, showing how Alicia feels, and how she is going to change, what is she thinking etc. love y'all fellow twd fans stay cool, and kill em walkers <3