XVII PART 1

baby we found love right where we are.❞

"Baby, today was a nice sunny day, you would've liked it." Negan ran his fingers through her brunette hair, smiling softly at the girl. "It was peaceful, birds chirping, no walkers, no beating the shit out of anyone. I almost imagined us sitting on a porch, laughing while eating ice cream." He chuckled slowly at the fantasy. "I know you like vanilla ice cream a lot, that's why I scavenged some for you. It's melt a bit but I'm sure it tastes good."

He lightly laughed remembering their conversations together, of how she had said her favorite memory from when she was a child. When Daryl had found pocket money, and bought her ice cream for the first time. She never had tasted any other flavors, and just plainly decided vanilla is her favorite.

Negan brushed her hair away from her face as he smiled sweetly at the girl. "When you wake up, I'll take you where ever you want. Hell, I'd even take you to Paris."

Alicia had talked to Negan how she always wanted to visit the city of love, see the Eiffel tower, taste new food.

"I'm sorry it had to come to this, baby.. I don't know what I would do without you. I'd probably go even more insane and eventually get myself killed. I know you'll probably be haunting me as a ghost, but let's just hope it doesn't come to that." He chuckled, wiping a stray tear that had fallen.

"I love you Alicia, I love you a lot." He kissed her pale forehead, as he sighed.

It had been two days since Alicia got shot, and boy Negan did punish the one who shot her. First the iron and when he didn't die from the heat, he beat the shit out of him with Lucille in front of everyone, in front of his guest Carl.

The young boy was hiding behind the door listening to Negan and Alicia, who was still unconscious. Carl didn't know Negan had this side but he didn't say anything. He didn't want to ruin the moment. The boy wondered how did it get to this between the two. What did Alicia see in Negan, the man who had brutally killed Glenn and Abraham. But then again, he didn't know, so he didn't want to be the judge of it either. After a while of handling the silence he spoke up.

"Can I speak to her?" He asked quietly as Negan lifted his head walking out of the room as Carl sat next to Alicia, holding her small hand.

"Hey, Ali." He started, holding back his tears. "We're fine, I'm fine.." He trailed off as he sniffed wiping away his tears with the back of hand. "We miss you, I miss you. I miss my bestfriend." He stroked her palm gently.

"I want things to be the same they once were. I remember when I first met you, at the camp. You scared me at first but when you smiled, Ali.. that was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I remember asking you that 'are you an angel?'." Carl chuckled at the memory. 

"You're strong, you will survive this. You've survived every near death experiences you've had. You're a Dixon, Ali."

The girl started moving slightly and Carl was sure she was going to wake up. But she didn't. Alicia started trashing around, as Negan started yelling for the doctor as Carl watched horrified.

"No no no, baby you can't die." Negan kept repeating as the doctor came in.

"She's having a seizure, hold her down!" The doctor yelled as Negan pinned the girl to the bed.

The doctor pulled out a needle as he pressed it into her skin as she slowly stopped seizing.

"What's wrong with her?" Negan muttered under her breath as the doctor sighed. "It's the bullet, we need to get it out of her body."

Negan looked at the doctor, as if he was ready to kill him. "Then do it."

The doctor pursed his lips, looking at the leader. "Are you sure? She could die in the procedure."

"What are the chances?" Negan asked, looking at the pale girl laying on the bed. He can't lose her, she was the only thing keeping him sane.

"I don't know, maybe forty--to--fifty percents." The doctor sighed, looking at the girl as well. Negan nodded, giving a permission to do the surgery. "It's better than nothing. Save her doc."

And thus the surgery begins to save Alicia Dixon.