Chapter 2

"Welcome home."

Paul immediately welcomed his sister with a warm embrace. They haven't seen each other for four years now since Raffy left for the US. She removed her sunglasses and smiled at him.

"I missed you," she told him and smiled. "Where's Mom and Dad?"

"Usual. Mom's at home, preparing food for you. Dad, he's having some lectures for new interns. He's slightly deviating from actual practice to teaching," Paul explained as they loaded her things on the trunk of his car. Shortly, they were already at Ayala area. The two spent a lot of time talking and catching up.

"So when would Cali arrive?" he asked.

"Weeks from now," she answered and suddenly missed her little boy.

"Who's coming with him? Naghire ka ba ng mag-aassist sa kanya sa airport?"

"No," she answered while staring out the window.

"What?!" he was surprised. "Sinong kasama ng pamangkin ko dun?!"

"Si Seff," she answered.

"So... It's still Seff," he said quietly.

"It's always Seff," she explained, specifying the word 'always'. "Seff had always been Cali's Dada."

"Isn't he asking you why Seff doesn't sleep there?"

"He does. Sometimes," she said.

"So what do you tell him?"

"Seff told him that he needs to be near his workplace. He sleeps beside Cali too when he's home," she smiled at him.

"This whole thing... This is weird. When would you make it normal?"

"Everything's normal," she answered. "We're all happy. Cali loves Seff too much and Seff does too. Those two are inseparable."

Napailing na lang si Paul. Kahit kelan, hindi nya naintindihan ang set up ng pamilya ni Raffy, Seff, and Cali. But being her brother, he's supporting her despite the silent worries he has. He rather started asking her questions about the book launch that she would be doing in the next few days.

She needs to meet some publishers and also some journalists who would cover press release. Aasikasuhin nya din na humanap ng lugar for her and Cali for two months. She has to squeeze in time for work and pleasure. Magiging mas madali ito, she thinks, lalo pa na nandito ang parents nya. She knew they would be fond of Cali. Ayaw naman nya na sumiksik sa bahay ng parents nya kahit na sandali lang sila dito.

She didn't realize they were already outside their home. Agad na binuksan ni Raffy ang pintuan at lumabas.

"I missed this place," she said and took a deep breath before she started heading in. She saw her mother wearing an apron, facing the stove. She hugged her from behind.

"I missed you Mommy but not anymore. Yakap na kita e," malambing nyang sabi na kinagulat nito.

"Raffy!" masayang bulalas ng nakasanayang ina. She immediately wrapped her into a tight hug. "Where's Cali?"

"Mom, si Cali na agad hinahanap nyo. Sulitin nyo muna ako," she kidded and embraced her mother again.

"I missed you too. Napaka-unexpected na dadating ka and I am so happy that you are here now," emotional na sabi nito.

"Mommy?! When I left, you cried. Now that I am here, it's still the same. You should be happy,"

"Masaya ako. I didn't even sleep well last night dahil sa excitement," sagot nito. "Come, let's eat now. Your Dad is upstairs."