Chapter 20

"Really, you're making me wear this?" Raffy asked Akira, hoping that she was just bluffing.

"Yes. Wala na akong maisip na action heroes na family other than The Incredibles. Cali has to feel that you are a family. Pangit naman kung si Iron Man sya tapos ikaw si Storm, Wolverine si Ethan. Saka don't worry, I will dress up too."

"Love, let's do this for Cali," malambing na sabi sa kanya ni Ethan. Cali's birthday is one week away.

"I know," napipilitan nyang sagot saka pumasok sa fitting room. "Wala na bang chance na mabago yung character?"

"Wala," Akira laughed at her.

After trying her outfit, they helped Cali wear his. He was excited for his upcoming party and he invited his friends and the kids within their neighborhood. They have booked a place where he would be celebrating his birthday, ordered a cake and mini cupcakes which was according to the theme, chose the main menu, bought give aways, and rented what needed to be rented. Everything was in place and they were only waiting for the date to come. Thanks to Akira's obsessive compulsive attitude.

"Do you like your costume baby?" Akira asked him. They were driving home.

"Yes. I'm excited," he answered. "It's great that Mom and Dad will be wearing the same thing."

"Mom doesn't like hers," Akira whispered to him.

"Why?"

"It's okay babe, I'll do it for you," Raffy told him. "Nanay is just not used to wearing costumes but we should look great."

"Is Shauna coming?" Akira asked his nephew.

"I guess so. She said she will tell her Mom," he answered.

"And, we have a surprise for you. It's waiting for you at home," Ethan told him.

"What is it?"

"I won't tell," Ethan answered. "It's a surprise."

When they got home, he immediately got out of the car and ran towards their door.

"C'mon, move faster guys!" Cali shouted and had his hands holding on the door knob.

"Easy," Ethan told him. "All you have to do is knock."

"O-okay," naguguluhang sagot nito. He knocked twice and heard the door click. Someone opened it. It was Seff who came out. "Hi Dada!"

"Hi kiddo," he smiled. "How are you?"

"I'm good. I just had a fit of my costume. Are you their surprise?"

"I'm afraid I'm not the surprise. Get in and check your room."

He immediately ran upstairs and they followed him. He pushed the door open where he found seven people waiting for him.

"SURPRISE!"they screamed.

Cali's face was unexplainable. He was overwhelmed to see his grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousin waiting for him.

"You're all here!" he said and went up to them to kiss them one by one. "You all went here for me?"

"Yes. It's your birthday, right? We will all go wear our costume," Paul smiled at him.

"This is cool!" he said and high-fived with Gavin. He pulled his cousin with him and went down. He was so excited. "Nanay, can we all go to the ice cream store please?"

"Ask your Tatay if he agrees," Raffy told him.

"Tito Ethan, can we bring them to Miss Graciela's?" he asked. "Gavin would love the ice cream they serve."