Chapter 5

"Good morning Miss Castillo," nakangiting bati ni Albert sa kanya pagpasok nya sa office building ng publishing house.

She returned his smile.

It was 9 AM. Maaga syang bumangon to prepare for their meet up. She wore a simple attire going to the building. Hindi nya inaasahan na may magooffer sa kanya sa pagpunta nya dito sa bansa and she wouldn't miss the chance lalo pa it will give her more budget for Cali.

They headed straight to the director's office who was hiding behind his newspaper.

"Sir, I have Miss Castillo now with me," he said after they were ushered in by the secretary. Ibinaba naman nito ang hawak.

"Good morning. Please take a seat," he offered.  "I'm Art Villanueva, Director of Multimedia Publications."

"Hi. It's nice to meet you. Sophia Rafaella Castillo," she said and took the hand he offered.

"How are you enjoying your stay so far?"

"I've been busy with the book launch. I haven't really had a chance to just sit back and have fun," she smiled.

Pinagusapan pa nila ang iba't ibang bagay about their line of work and the places they both have visited. After a while, he went out of the office with her to visit a department's manager. Her main reason of wanting to know them is because of her wanting to know who she would be dealing with.

Nagusap din muna silang tatlo before he left her with Albert. They would be heading to another place where they print. May separate company na nagaayos ng printing nila. They have been in partnership with them for the past three years and it went really well.

They took the company van to go to another place in San Juan. Pagdating sa dadayuhin, Albert just handed them his ID and Raffy's at the reception area before they went in.

Inasikaso naman sila agad ng secretary ng kakausapin nila and they waited for ten minutes before they were guided inside his private office.

"Sir, they're here now," sabi ng secretary nito.

"Sure, let them in," he said and continued staring at the screen of his laptop.

Albert went in, with Raffy behind. He stood up from his swivel chair to welcome them.

"Hi Albert," he greeted him normally and was startled with who he saw next. "...Raffy?"

Agad na natigilan si Raffy sa kinatatayuan.

"H-hi," di mapakaling sagot nya.

In front of her was the man she loved years ago. The man who wanted to give her the world but stayed away from her, the man who let her go easily, and the man who wanted to forget her.

"E-ethan," she stuttered. Relax, she told herself.

"So you know each other? That's nice," Albert said. "At least we would be comfortable working with each other."

"I didn't know you would write a book," he said, looking at her.

"I didn't have to tell you, did I?" she asked him back.

"N-no, you did not have to," he admitted.

Argh, tanga mo. Bakit naman nya sasabihin sayo di ba? Tingin mo magkukwento sya? Ni hindi nga nya sinabi sayo na dadating sya, he scolded himself.

He took a deep breath. "Back to business..."

"You own this printing company?"

"Yes. I started it three years ago," he said. It was making him uncomfortable.