Chapter 14 - Daniel

Note: This chapter contains a detailed description of foreplay. It however does also include very important character development. I suggest at least scanning this chapter if you're not comfortable with this kind of NSFW content.

Daniel saw it in her eyes when she stared at her own reflection in the mirror. He saw it in the way she straightened her back and tucked her hair behind her ear. He saw it in the smile playing around her lips, the tensed muscles giving away that she was nervous.

Tonight she wouldn't keep her clothes on, like all the nights before. Tonight she wouldn't stop Max when his hands would move under her shirt. Tonight she wouldn't fall asleep half way a kiss. Tonight she would give Max that one part of herself he had not gotten yet.

Daniel had his fingers curled up, his hands forming fists. A mixture of adrenaline and fury rushed through his veins. Fury because he wouldn't be on the receiving end of her gentle hands and lips. Adrenaline because his entire body was reacting on her.

Melody was wearing her black hipster and a glimmering black bra. She pulled a simple white dress with spaghetti straps over her head and once more she stared at the young woman she probably barely recognized. She looked breathtaking beautiful, even though she was not wearing any make up and her knees and legs were all bruised.

Daniel wished he could simply place his hand on her shoulder. He wished he could press his chest to her back. He wished he could kiss her neck, could follow the curve of her hip with the palm of his hand. But he couldn't. He couldn't do anything. He was forced to watch how the girl he loved more than he could ever put into words would make love to a boy next door who didn't realize how lucky he was.

Melody took a deep breath and she slowly unlocked the door. As soon as she stepped into the bedroom Max' eyes widened and his jaw dropped.

"Damn..." Max stared at her for seconds, even minutes. He pushed himself up a little and he grabbed Melody's hand as soon as she was within his reach. "How am I supposed to sleep next to you, if you look like this?"

A bright smile spread across Melody's face. "I wasn't planning on sleeping. Not yet at least." She giggled when Max started to press kisses on her arm, slowly pulling her closer and closer until her toes touched the bed.

"You know you don't need to do this if you're not ready for it, right?" Max whispered and he moved a little so Melody could lay down next to him. "I'm not in a hurry and you shouldn't be either. We kinda planned to stay together for the rest of our lives, so..."

Melody placed a finger on his lips and she turned to her side so she could face him. One by one the tensed muscles relaxed. "I'm ready. We're sleeping in one bed for weeks now and I'm ready." She wrapped an arm around his waist and she pressed her own body to his. "I trust you."

Max smiled and while he kissed her lips he let his hands wander over her body. He rubbed her back tenderly and eventually he placed a hand on her behind. "If I hurt you, if you change your mind, if anything makes you wanna stop, you tell me and I'll stop." He kissed her again while his hand moved under her night gown.

"Everything will be fine." Melody whispered, a moan escaping her lips when Max placed a hand on one cup of her bra, squeezing a little.

Daniel wanted to close his eyes. He wanted to turn around. He wanted to get out of here. But he couldn't. He couldn't stop watching her delicate body reacting to Max' hands and lips. He couldn't stop staring at the happiness in her eyes and smile. He couldn't leave her side now she was in the arms of the kind of boy she had always longed for, wished for, dreamed of.

"If you don't like something, you say it, okay?" Max kissed her neck, her shoulder, her arm. His hand never stopped moving and slowly Melody turned so her back rested on the mattress.

Even though she had gotten the time to get used to Max' naked chest she was staring at it as if it was the very first time she saw it. She placed her hand on his stomach, then slowly moved it up and eventually she curled her arm around his waist and placed her hand on his lower back.

"If I do something you don't like, you say it too, okay?" She pressed the palm of her other hand to his cheek and instead of answering Max kissed her lips once more.

He placed his own hand on hers and slowly, his eyes locked with hers to make sure it was okay what he did, he guided her into the back of his boxershort.

Daniel moaned himself. It didn't matter he was not the one being touched. Even though he was only watching her having sex with someone else, he felt his entire body reacting. His heart raced in his chest. His blood rushed through his veins. The simple jeans he was wearing felt all of a sudden one or two sizes too small. His own breathing started to annoy him, his chest moving up and down way too fast and way to visible. His entire skin was glowing and tingling, but he kept his eyes on Melody and his hands folded behind his back. He was her guardian angel not her lover. But no matter how often he repeated the words, his body didn't listen.

"Let's take some clothes off..." Max whispered in Melody's ear. He had his fingers curled around the bright white dress she had been wearing and while she pushed herself up he pulled it over her head. "Black looks good on you..." After he threw the night gown on the floor next to the bed, he placed his hands on her bra. "May I?" He pressed a kiss on her color bone, on her throat, on the chicken skin right above his hands.

Melody nodded and she closed her eyes. She looked calm, calmer than she had ever been before, as if all of a sudden every piece of the puzzle fell into place. As if she started to believe that maybe all the pain and nightmares fate had thrown her way had been worth it.

A little clumsily Max clicked her bra open and while he threw the bra on top of the white dress his lips continued kissing the newly revealed skin.

Melody wrapped her arms around him and she tightened her grip when Max' tongue circled around her nipples. Once more she shoved her hands under the elastics of his boxershort and her cheeks blushed when she realized that every touch, every movement, every kiss and every word made his body react.

Not just his body.

Daniel still had his hands folded behind his back. He had them tightly pressed between his body and the wall, too afraid of what they would or could do if he would set them free. He wasn't sure what hurt more. The thought that everything he wanted was happening to another guy or the growing bulge he hopelessly tried to ignore.

Max tongue and lips were wandering over her chest while his hands rested in her sides. Once in a while he looked up.

Melody had her eyes closed, lost in the moment, lost in her dreams coming true. Her hands once in a while hesitated, but the happy smile on her face never faded. Her eyes flashed opened when Max slipped his hands in her hipster, but she closed them again when he placed them on her hips without moving them.

"You can still change your mind..." He pressed his lips on hers again, but Melody shook her head. Very slowly, and with his eyes locked with hers, Max started to remove her hipster, revealing the one part of her he had not seen before.

Melody bit her lip while she attempted to help him take off his own boxershort too, clearly forcing herself to keep her eyes up.

Max smiled and he threw her hipster and his own boxershort on the floor before he placed one hand next to her head and used the other to tuck a stand of hair behind her ear. "It's okay to look." He raised his eyebrows a little and he carefully used the back of his hand to caress her cheek, her neck, her chest and eventually he pressed the palm of his hand to her inner thigh.

Daniel felt the pain of all his muscles tensing and he clenched his jaw, fighting the urge to scream that loud that every other angel in the world would hear him. Did he really have to watch this for the rest of her life? Did he really have to go through this over and over again?

Could fate be this mean? Could God be this cruel? Could love be this painful?

Daniel shut his eyes, fighting the urge to open them, fighting the urge to keep on watching.

Fate couldn't be this mean. God couldn't be this cruel. Love couldn't be this painful.

There had to be something he could try, something he could do, some way to win her heart, some way to be together with her, some way to get a happily ever after instead of years and years of torment and pain. He only had to find it.