Chapter 13

After two days we finally meet the other group in Texas close to the land frontier to New Mexico. Steve was felling better so could walk on his own and didn’t shake all the time. In the other group was only two persons’ left. A small guy with fire red hair and oxy black eyes called Macad and a tall guy with dark blond hair and green grey eyes called Ric. Both of them had too much against demons so we all kept the fact that I was half-blood to us self, but their hatred was understandable but it made it a little harder for me to work with them. “Have any of you ever seen a demon that looks like a giant and a mix between a swamp and a hell hound demon before?” Ric asked the others shook their heads, while I sat in silence. “Well their scary as hell and impossible to kill, we had one of these thing attacking our base in L.A and we was forced to run I felt like shit because of it” Ric explained. “What about you Stacy you didn’t shook your head or for that matter make any movement the whole evening” Macad asked. I looked at him there was no emotions to track in my face “I have meet it before it is called a Bartimous, it appears were hatred and judges exist and the only way to kill it is to kill the one it came from, and that can be anyone a human a hunter even a demon” I said the starred at me with open mouth. “Were where you when we needed you” they mumble “In England” I answered still emotionless and got on my feet. “I will go down and check the lake again” I said and walked away from them, I sat on a stone and looked over the water thinking of my time in Russia when I was a kid. 

Flash back

I was 6 year old and it was winter it was about - 25°C in the north area. The only thing I wore was the uniform from the states so I was freezing like hell. The uniform was a thin black shirt and thigh black pants and big military boots and a normal black winter jacket. “Sir I’m freezing” I said to the general he was a middle age man muscular and no almost no hair, it has been cut so low and it was blonde so it looked like he didn’t have any hair. His eyes were grey and cold as they looked at me. “Too bad kid, now go back to your post” he commanded and looked over the snow-white filed with his field glasses. The snow reach to my hips so it was hard to walk in, I almost dig myself through it. When I was back I crawled up in the tree and looked at the white field. “Why is everybody so mean to me, what have I done wrong to make them so mad at me” I whispered to myself I would cry if I could but I cried all my tears away when my mother died a few years ago, when that stupid grim reaper came to collect her soul. I still wonder why I didn’t attack him but he could do something that made me sit still and just watch it all. “Hey brat come down!” someone yelled form the bottom of the tree, I jumped down and looked at the man in front of me. He was in the twenties and had dark brown hair and brown eyes. “We found the demons cave and you are the only one who is small in off to come in. “What do you want me to do when I’m in?” I asked he smiled at me “You will see when we get there” he said and walked I followed him as fast as I could.

When we got there the others already was there, it was a team of four including me. “What took so long” the General asked they all looked at me “I had to wait for her” he answered. “We don’t have much longer before it will wake up again, kid bind the rope around your life and crawl in the whole to the cave there” the General commanded and pointed at a small hole in the big snow covered rock. I nodded and did as he told me before I crawled in I asked “What will you have me to do in there?” They looked at me I could feel it “It’s a Bartimous a monster that was born from someone’s Hatred, judges and jealousy, and the only way we can kill it is when it is a sleep” he said and push me through the hole. I felt into a dark place and hit my head on a rock on the way I felt after the stone roof and found out that I could walk normal. “The rope is so we can pull you out if you pull tree times in it!” one of the men yelled. I nodded through the fact that they couldn’t see it and began walking. There were some places where I had to crawl on my knees or my stomach to get through. I felt through a hole and down something swampy I slide down and turned and landed on the ground. My eyes had got use to the dark so I could see what a huge swamp dog monster was in front of me. I held my hands to my mouth so I wouldn’t scream I stepped back and felt over something or someone. A thin white man thing looked at me and began giggling. “Excuse me sir, but way are you laughing at me?” I asked the man sat up properly he was almost like a skeleton, he had a black ripped coat around him. “They send a little girl down to me… Hm what a strange aura you have” he said and giggled again. I looked scared and confused at him “Will you kill me know?” I asked and took my knees up to my chest. “Tell me little girl why are you here?” he asked and pointed he thin bone looking finger at me. “I was told to kill the monster when it was asleep” I almost whispered it. The man got on his feet and walked over to the monster. “Come here you look like your freezing” he said and sat down close to the monsters legs. I hesitate a bit before I walked over to him. “You the first person who is so kind to me” I said as I felt the fur from the legs, it was warm. “You’re half-blooded aren’t you?” he asked I nodded and the man began giggling again. “Try pull in that” he pointed at the rope “Believe me when I say you will be surprised” he said and I tried pulling in it. After a few seconds the rope fall down from the stone roof, I pulled the end of it to me, it wasn’t cut it was the real end of it. “Why did they give this to me? Why are everybody so mean?” I asked as I looked at the rope I bound it up and pulled it together. “You can thanks the one of your parents who is a demon kid, those people you work with is demon hunters, thy slay the kind of you and me. “What demon are you sir?” I asked while wondering over my family. “I was a grim reaper once but I got expelled, reasons you don’t need to know. And through the centuries I created this a Bartimous” he answered “You where a grim reaper, that was the same monster that came after my mother” I said and looked at my feet “So it was your father who was the demon” the man said I nodded. “Should I hate him?” I asked “Only if you hate the future he has brought you” the man said “those people up there is trying to kill you girl, and I bet they are one there way back to the states or the city” I looked at him with my eyes winded  in shock. “Is that why they hate me, because I’m half-blood and because I’m not dead” I asked he nodded “It’s harder to kill half-blood then the real deal. “Maybe I should stay here” I said “No show them that you are more than what they think, Here” the man gave me a dagger, I looked at him confused. “The only way to kill this demon is to kill me and honestly I’m ready to go back to hell” he said “But then I don’t have anyone to talk to” I said and looked sad at him. “You will find someone who can stand you or for that matter be real friends with you” he said and pointed at his heart. “Where is the way out?” I asked he smiled and pointed at a huge hole across from us follow the big way out, if you come a huge stone then knock five times on it” he said I stood up but before I stab him I said goodbye to him, he died whit a smile and the demon explode into pieces.