Chapter 3

Rossi's POV

"Good job sweetheart," I said.

"Thanks Dad," said Scarlett as she looked at the file. "I talked to Garcia in the car."

"And saved us an hour," said Hotch. "Good job."

"Who's rooming with who?" asked JJ.

"Me and you," said Prentiss. "Like always."

"Morgan and Reid," I said "Hotch by himself and I'm with my daughter."

"Why couldn't I get my own room?" asked Morgan.

"We already know you," said Scarlett.

"Well, it was worth a shot," said Morgan.

"Worth a shot my ass," said Scarlett. "I know how you are."

"Rossi, is she a profiler too?" asked Morgan.

"Yeah," said Rossi.

"When did she graduate?" I asked.

"Which school?" asked Rossi.

"High school," said JJ.

"Ten years old," said Rossi. "She graduated college with a masters in criminal justice at sixteen." I looked at Scarlett. "That was her major."

"My major indeed," said Scarlett.

"You graduated at the age of sixteen from college," said Morgan. "You're one smart girl."

"With an IQ that I'm not telling you," said Scarlett. "Reid has an IQ of 182."

"Woo," said Reid. "Wait, how do you know that?"

"Garcia," said Scarlett.

"There goes being the smartest," said Reid. We started desending. "We're here." We got off the plane. "Three SUVs?"

"Morgan and Scarlett," I said. "You get one."

"Hotch, JJ, and Reid," said Prentiss. "I'm with Rossi."

"Let's go," I said.

Scarlett's POV

I got into the car with Morgan. "Where are we headed?" I asked.

"The police department," said Morgan.

"I thought we were going to the hotel," I said.

"Nope," said Morgan. "If you really know me, then you know I call the girls on our team —"

"Baby girl," I said cutting him off. "I know. Mostly Garcia."

"Then you do know everything," said Morgan. "Is there anyway we can actually do something?"

"When we get back to DC," I said. "And if my dad will let us." We got to the police station. We walked into a room where everyone else was. "Sorry we're late. Morgan drives slow."

"Well, now that we're all here, can we hold a press conference?" asked Hotch.

Everyone looked at me. "Why look at me?" I asked.

"Because you are holding this case now," said JJ.

"Your first day and you're already calling the shots," said Reid.

"Well, we can call a press conference," I said.

"Captain, round up your troops," said Hotch. "Come on." We walked out to the officers. "Go ahead."

"Okay, the unsub we're looking for is male, mid thirties, and there's a scar on his upper right arm," I said. "His MO has been used on 34 different women. Out of the 34 only four has survived."

"Now our unsubs MO could mean he was sexually abused when he was younger," said Reid. "Therefore rewiring his brain to see every women as an abuse."

"He prays on brunettes," said JJ. "They remind him of his mother so he was abused by his mother."

"Questions?" asked Hotch. A few hands shot up. "Yes Officer Howard."

"Why is she holding the press conference?" asked Officer Howard.

"Junior SSA Agent Scarlett Rossi," I said. "Don't underestimate me."

"Anymore questions?" asked Hotch. No hands shot up. "That's it." The officers split. "Okay."

"Now what?" I asked.

Reid's POV

"Well, we can go and visit the most recent victim," I said.

"We found another body," said the captain.

"Wheels up," said Hotch.

"Alright," I said. I got into the car with Hotch and JJ. "Our unsub is on a roll." Hotch parked in an ally way. "This is new." We walked into the ally. There laid the victim. "Seems here she didn't look like she was resisting."

"Maybe not," said Scarlett putting on her gloves. "Look here." She picked up a bottle of germ x. "Okay."

"He may have used that a a lubricate," said Rossi.

"That's gross, Dad," said Scarlett. "Maybe we could get a fingerprint off this."

"Nice going," I said as I handed her a ziplock bag. "Put it in this."

"Thanks," said Scarlett as she put the bottle in the ziplock bag. "Here Hotch."

"Captain, see if we could get a print off this," said Hotch. Scarlett looked at the woman's back. "Find anything?"

"She has the star shaped bruised," said Scarlett standing up.

"Good eye," I said.