Chapter 7

Prentiss' POV

I felt a warm light hit my face. I woke up and checked the clock. "Eight am," I said. I stretched and went to the bathroom. I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I walked out. Rossi was a good dad. Scarlett was snuggled up to him like a little kid. I had to ruin the moment. "Time to get up."

"Prentiss," said Scarlett as she opened her eyes. "Can't people sleep?"

"Thirty minutes till we land," I said.

"Thanks," said Scarlett.

"Yeah," I said as she went to the bathroom. Rossi was a heavy sleeper. "Rossi? Rossi!"

"Huh?" asked Rossi. "Where'd my daughter go?"

"Relax," said Hotch. "She's in the bathroom."

"I'm done," said Scarlett wiping her face. "I'm awake."

"I think everyone is," said Morgan looking at Scarlett. "At least you're up and running."

"You don't stay young forever," said Scarlett.

"You're fit," said Morgan.

"So are you," said Scarlett. We started landing. "Home."

"You're really happy to be home," I said as we got off the plane. "I'm ready to see what you Rossis have planned for us."

Hotch's POV

I drove to the BAU. We walked into the conference room and met up with Garcia. "Hey Garcia," I said.

"Hi," said Garcia.

"Baby girl," said Morgan.

"Hey hot stuff," said Garcia.

"Okay, so I know it's New Years Eve and we all want to go home," I said. "Everyone can go home if you wish. Happy New Years."

"We're all meeting at my place," said Rossi. "Hotch, don't forget your wife and kid." I looked at Rossi. "JJ, don't forget Will and your kid."

"Alright," I said. "Seven!"

"Dad, I'm not going to go home just yet," said Scarlett. "I'm going to take a round in the practice room."

"Okay," said Rossi as she left. "Gifted daughter."

"Don't you ever wonder if she wonders about her biological parents?" I asked.

"She told me when she was sixteen that we're her biological parents," said Rossi. "She wants nothing to do with them because they didn't want her in the first place."

"Smart girl," I said.

Rossi's POV

"I'm just glad to give her a chance at life than let her be in foster care," I said. "She's the only thing in my life that I'm alive." I looked at Hotch. "She's the reason I'm happy."

"That's good," said Morgan.

"You're a great father," said JJ as Morgan left. "That's a good thing."

"You're very protective of her," said Prentiss. "We see that in you."

"Of course I'm protective of her," I said as we walked out to our car. "She's my daughter. My everything. The only thing I have left."

"I understand Rossi," said JJ. "You're not alone."

"If anyone hurts her, I swear they'll go down in the name of justice," I said. "Meaning if they murdered her to tried to."

"You can even get them for assulting a special agent," said JJ.

"That's right," I said.