Chapter 12

Hotch's POV

"Scarlett, we need you to go undercover for the next case," I said.

"Where?" asked Scarlett as she looked up at me.

"New York Julliard school," I said.

"What's the case?" asked Scarlett.

"There's a murderer on the loose killing dancers, ballet dancers, and singers," I said.

"Well, there's one thing you gotta know," said Scarlett. "Dad sent me to school in New York. I went to NYU and Julliard at the same time." I looked at her. "Julliard in the mornings NYU at night."

"You kept yourself busy," I said.

"Yes but if you want me to go under cover I gotta change this," said Scarlett touching her hair. "I'm not dying my hair."

"I'm not asking you to," I said handing her a breifcase. "That's all you gotta do." She opened the case. "You'll have blonde hair and blue eyes."

"A wig and contacts," said Scarlett. "Fine, I'll do it."

"Keep these names in mind when you meet the students," I said. "Jessica Elling, Matt Chine, and Maddie Mount."

"Wheels up in ten," I said as I left her office. "Hey. Wheels up in ten."

Rossi's POV

"Seems like we have a case," I said.

PLANE TO NYC

"Why do we have a case in NYC?" asked JJ.

"And why were you talking to Scarlett?" I asked.

"I have to go undercover as a Julliard student," said Scarlett.

"The principal is going to recognize you," I said.

"Blonde wig and blue eyes," said Scarlett.

"And JJ is your older sister," said Hotch. "Unless you want me be her mother."

"I think I'll be a better sister," said JJ.

"What's my name?" asked Scarlett.

"Well, JJ is keeping Jeniffer Jareau," said Hotch. "You're going to be Elizabeth Jareau."

"Okay," said Scarlett. "I better go get dressed."

"Yeah," I said as she left. "What kind of danger is she going to be in now?"

"Possibly murder," said Hotch.

"You're letting me daughter get murdered?" I asked.

"No, its not like that," said Hotch. "Our unsub, we don't know if it's male or female. We do know it's a college student or a staff."

"What does Scarlett have to do with this?" I asked.

"She's our source of getting information," said Hotch. "Trust me on this."

"I'm trusting all of you with her life," I said as we started landing. "We're here." We all got off the plane. Scarlett stood next to me. "Be careful."

"Always am," said Scarlett carring a dance bag. She got in the SUV with JJ and Morgan. "Okay."

"Same rooming," I said.

Scarlett's POV

"Okay," I said as JJ and I got out of the car. "I'm ready."

"Come on," said JJ. We walked into the building and to the principal's office. "Good afternoon sir."

"Good afternoon," said Principal Manchester. "What can I help you with?"

"I want to enroll my sister to Julliard," said JJ.

"Can she sing?" asked Principal Manchester. "Or dance?"

"Both," said JJ as she showed the principal photos of me singing, cheering, dancing, and ballet. "So may she?"

"We have spots opened in ballet, dance, and singing," said the principal handing me a schedule and map.

"Thank you," I said. We walked out into the hallway. "Okay. Pick me up on time JJ."

"Morgan will pick you up," said JJ as she left.

"Great," I said as I looked at my schedule. "Singing." I walked into the auditorium. "Hi Mrs. Moore. I'm Elizabeth Jareau. I'm new to class."

"Just put your bag near the wall and find a place to relax for a while," said Mrs. Moore.

"Okay," I said. A couple kids came and sat with me. "Hey."

"I'm Jazzie. This is Rachel, Chad, and Tammy," said the girl. "What's your name?"

"My name's Sc...Elizabeth Jareau but you can call me Liz," I said smiling.

"Do you wanna be part of our group?" asked Jazzie. "We lost one of our guys. Matt Chine."

"I heard about him. What happened?" I asked. "Its sad something like that can happen."

"He was very successful but I don't see why anyone would hurt him," said Rachel.

"How old was he?" I asked.

"Twenty two," said Rachel.

"Did anything seem odd?" I asked.

"Why are you interragating us?" asked Tammy. "We didn't do anything."

"What do you have next?" asked Jazzie.

"Ballet," I said.

"Let's have our new student introduce herself and sing a few bars," said Mrs. Moore. "In front of the mic please."

"Okay," I said as I stood in front of the mic. "My name is Elizabeth Jareau. Everybody calls me Liz."

"What song?" asked Mrs. Moore.

"Anytime You Need A Friend," I said. I got done singing. I went through the day. My last class was dance. I walked into the dance studio and stretched like every student was. "Okay." A few girls came over to me. "Hi."

"Liz, right?" asked a girl. "I have singing with you. I'm Liv."

"Yeah," I said. "So, what happened to your friend Maddie?"

"We choose not to talk about her much," said Liv. "She's successful. She had a chance to dance for Selena Gomez."

"Oh," I said. The door opened. I saw Hotch, JJ, Morgan, and Dad. "Great."

"FBI," said Morgan as they showed their badges. "We need Scarlett Rossi."

"We have no one by that name," said the teacher.

"Elizabeth Jareau," said Hotch.

"Elizabeth," said the teacher.

Everybody watched as I walked up to them. "Get dressed," said Hotch. "We got it."

"Thank you," I said as I took of my wig. I grabbed my bag and put the wig in there. I took off my contacts and put them in a case. "Found the unsub?"

"Common connection?" asked Hotch as I put on my FBI vest. "We think."

"I can tell you they're all successful," I said as I put on my belt.

"We just talked to FBI," said Liv.

"Let's go," I said.