Chapter 16

JJ's POV (BAU)

"It feels good to be home," I said sitting in the chair.

"Something doesn't seem right," said Prentiss. "It's too quiet. Way too quiet."

"Where are the love birds?" I asked. We looked around. "There goes Scarlett doing backflips. Where's Morgan?"

"What's today?" asked Prentiss.

"Where's Rossi?" I asked.

"At home," said Hotch walking in. "Morgan's with Rossi."

"What are they doing?" asked Prentiss.

"It's Scarlett's birthday today," said Hotch.

"Oh, I completely forgot about that," I said getting out my phone. I called Will. "Pick up."

"Hello?" asked Will.

"Can you go to the store and buy the diamond tiara I saw?" I asked.

"Yeah," said Will. "Who's birthday did you forget?"

"Scarletts's and she's getting married soon so I mind as well get her something new," I said as I hung up. "It's just perfect for her to know she has other family than Rossi."

Prentiss' POV

"Gave my gift to Rossi this morning," I said. "I won't be able to make it along with Garcia." JJ looked at me. "Working on a seperate case for Strauss."

"Oh," said JJ. "Okay."

"I'll try to," I said. Scarlett walked into the room. "Hey! How does it feel to be 23?"

"Feels the same just like every other age," said Scarlett. "No difference."

"Really?" I asked. "I feel old now."

"Prentiss, you're young," said Scarlett. "You feel how you want to feel."

"Considering you're really fit. I couldn't do the splits after I turned 22," I said.

"Like this?" asked Scarlett as she went down in the splits.

"You hurt girl," I said. "I used to be just like you."

"We are from two different lives," said Scarlett.

"No doubt. You like in a mansion compared to what I used to live in when I was younger," I said.

"Tell me," said Scarlett sitting down next to me. "I'm here to listen."

"Well, I lived in a two bedroom apartment with my parents. I was a cheerleader will me sophomore year because my parents couldn't pay for it anymore," I said. "I lived in the ghetto when I was younger. It was hard on me. My dad never really saw me as a successful person." I looked at Scarlett. "If only he could se me now."

"Prentiss, at least you know in your heart that you're successful," said Scarlett and Hotch and JJ left the room. "Okay?" Her phone vibrated and she checked it. "I gotta go but think about it."

"You lifted a load off me," I said as she left. "Thanks."

Hotch's POV (Rossi's Home)

"How long until your daughter gets home?" I asked.

"She shouldn't be long," said Rossi.

"She just parked," said Morgan looking at his phone.

"Okay," I said. We hid and I turned off the lights. "Sshhh!"

The door opened. "I'm home," said Scarlett. She turned on the lights.

"SURPRISE!" we yelled and got out from hiding.

"Oh my gosh," said Scarlett. "Thank you all so much."

"You're welcome," said Rossi. "Happy birthday sweetie." He gave her a hug. "Now, I'm sure you've ate."

"I did," said Scarlett. Rossi handed her a bag. "Is this for me?"

"Yeah," said Rossi.

"Okay," said Scarlett. She got out a scrapbook and flipped through it. It was pictures of her, Rossi, and Mrs. Rossi. "Thank you dad."

"This is from Prentiss," said Rossi handed her a box. She opened it. "A camera to fill in the rest of the book with what you want."

"Its one of those camera that's pops the photo out," I said. I handed her a gift. "This is mine to you." She openned it. "It's a charm bracelet with lockets. Each has a picture of an agent." She got done opening gifts. "Which one do you use first?"

"I wanna use the camera," said Scarlett. The took a picture of each of us. Prentiss walked in. She took a picture of Prentiss. "Thank you." She taped the pictures in the scrapbook. "I want a picture of all of us."

"There's a timer on the camera," said Prentiss.

"Gather around the couch," said Rossi as I set the camera on the table. I set the timer. "Ten seconds." Scarlett was on the middle. Morgan next to her and Rossi on the other side. JJ was next to Morgan and Prentiss next to Rossi. Gracia stood behind Scarlett on the couch. Reid next to her and I'm on the other side. "Smile." The camera took our picture. Rossi grabbed it. "Perfect."

"Here," I said handed Scarlett her camera. "You deserve it."

"Thank you," said Scarlett as she taped the picture in the scrapbook. "This is my family now."

"Just like always," said Morgan. They kissed and I took a picture. "Thanks Hotch." They touched foreheads and I took another picture. "Hotch."

"Stop being camera happy," said Scarlett as she taped. The pictures to the scrapbook. "Thank you Hotch."

"No problem," I said.

"I love you," said Scarlett.

"I love you too baby girl," said Morgan.

A/N: Ahhh! I'm done with this fanfic. There's a new fanfic that's gonna be up soon. So I hope you stick around.