Chapter 5

Hotch's POV

"So, I'm guessing we gotta look our best at this club," I said. "How do I do that?"

"Well, Hotch, how do you get a girl?" asked JJ.

"I have a wife and a kid," I said.

"Well, our unsub is a male," said JJ. "I'm not sure it matters what you wear."

"No," said Reid. "So I'm wearing what I'm wearing now."

"You guys don't really need to change," said JJ. "Its us girls that need to change and yet have a 'date' to the club."

"We can already call Morgan and Scarlett a couple," I said. "Who's going to be with Prentiss?"

"I will," said Reid. "Prentiss just texted me."

"Looks like you and I are the last couple," said JJ.

"I kinda figured," I said as we pulled up to the hotel. "Let's go." I walked up to my room. I showered and changed into a pair of jeans, a white tshirt, and a black blazer. I put on a pair of dress shoes. "I'm done."

Rossi's POV

"Scarlet are you done?" I asked knocking on the bathroom door. "Scarlett?"

"Almost done Dad," said Scarlett.

"Okay," I said putting on my shoes. "We're done."

"I'm done," said Scarlett walking out of the bathroom. She was wearing a strapless dark purple skin tight dress that stopped mid thigh. She had on black leather stilettoes and her hair was curled. Her makeup was smokey eye and red lips. "Dad, do I look okay?"

"As beautiful as your mother," I said as she put on her diamond earrings and pearl necklace. "Always."

"Thanks Dad," said Scarlett as she put on her belt. "Handcuffs, badge, and gun." She put on her leather jacket to hide the gun and badge. "Done."

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yeah," said Scarlett. I opened the door. "Dad, I have a question though." I looked at her. "What if the unsub chooses me?"

"Scarlett," I said.

"Dad, think about it. Brown hair," said Scarlett. "What if I'm the next victim?"

"We won't let that happen," I said. I pulled her into a hug and walked into the hallway with her. "We have a situation."

"What?" asked JJ.

"Well, look," I said. I pointed at Scarlett's hair. "See?"

"Brunette," said Prentiss. "Why didn't we see that earlier?"

"New task," said Hotch. "Morgan don't leave her side for anything. JJ, you're her best friend. All exits will be covered by us."

"Let's go," I said.

Scarlett's POV (Inside Club)

I sat stood next to Morgan as the bar. "I'm scared," I said.

"I'm right here with you baby girl," said Morgan. He put an earpiece in my ear. "A way of communication." JJ was sitting a few feet away watching. "You want anything to drink?"

"Water," I said.

"Keep your eye out for the unsub," said Hotch.

"I am," I said as I took a drink. I faced my back toward the bar and looked into the audience. "Unsub spotted at one."

"Morgan," said Dad.

"Clear view," said Morgan.

"I got him," said JJ.

"Can I get a scotch on the rocks?" asked the guy as he walked up beside me. "Hi. I'm Tristan Todds."

"Scarlett," I said.

"Three bucks," said the bartender.

"I got a dollar," said Tristan.

"Let me get that for you," I said. I grabbed my badge. I flashed it. "FBI Agent Scarlett Rossi. You're under arrest." Morgan put hancuffs on him. "You're under arrest for raping 35 victims and murdering 31 of them. You have the right to remain silent and anything you say will and can be used against you. You can have your own laywer or one can be present to you in the court of law." Morgan took him out. JJ walked up to me. "That was a lot."

"Great job girl," said JJ as I put my badge up. "I wouldn't have been able to do that."

"I was trembling inside," I said.

"Great job kid," said Hotch.

"Thanks Hotch," I said.

"Let's go," said JJ. We walked outside. "She did awesome."

"I'm so proud of you," said Dad.

"Thanks Dad," I said. "I can't believe I done that."

"Time to go home?" asked Reid.

"Time to go home," I said.