Chapter 8

Scarlett's POV

I was in the practice room doing a couple of stretches when Morgan walked in. "Hey," I said.

"What are you doing?" asked Morgan.

"Just stretching," I said. I did a few back hand springs with a round off, front hand spring. "What's up?"

"Where you in gymnastic?" asked Morgan.

"Gymnastics and cheer," I said. "Dad paid for my things. When I was little I took classes." I looked at Morgan. "I love my father."

"I can tell you do," said Morgan. "Rossi done a lot for you."

"Is that what you're wearing for tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah," said Morgan. "Come on. I look fine."

"Alright," I said. Morgan and I talked for hours. I checked my phone. "It's six. I need to get home and help my dad." Morgan walked me out to my car. "You following me home?"

"Yeah," said Morgan.

"Alright," I said as I got in my red camaro. "Alright." I started driving. I pulled up into my driveway and got out. Morgan pulled up behind me. "Come on." I walked into the house and Morgan followed me. "Dad, Morgan's here."

"Okay," said Dad. "Show him around."

"Come on," I said. Morgan followed me up to my room. "This is my room."

"It's huge," said Morgan.

"I kinda told you that," I said walking into my closet. "I'll see you downstairs." Morgan left. I took a quick shower and got dressed in white jeans, a white spaghetti with a shimmery silver vneck tank, and silver stilletoes. "Okay." I put on a white knitted hat and curled my hair. "I'm cutting me some bangs." I cut me some sideswipe bangs. "Perfect."

Reid's POV

"Is your daughter joining us?" I asked.

"She is," said Rossi. "She's just getting ready."

"Sorry," said Scarlet walking down the stairs putting her phone in her back pocket. "I am here."

"You're hair," said Rossi.

"Dad, it's okay," said Scarlett. "It'll grow back out."

"No, you look like your mother," said Rossi. "She wanted to cut your hair like that." Scarlett smiled. "It's true."

"Okay, everyone gather round," said JJ. "I think the Rossis are about to get started."

"Dad, you can go first," said Scarlett as she turned her back toward us. She was making something in a cassorole pan. "This is a secret."

"Okay, first you need to mash up the garlic," said Rossi.

"A nessecity in foods," I said.

"Add the meat that's already marinated," said Rossi. "Fry that." He fried it till the meat was done. "Take the bits of garlic out."

"It smells delicious," said JJ.

"Now, the rice," said Rossi. He poured jasmine rice that was already cook into the pan and stirred. "Voila! Done!" He poured it into small bowls. Enough for twelve. "There you go." We all had a taste but Scarlett and the two kids. "What do you think?"

"That's really good," I said. "The texture in the meat goes well with the rice."

"Stop profiling my food," said Rossi. "This is a place of relaxation."

"Sorry," I said. "What's Scarlett making?" I asked. She turned around holding the clear cassorole pan. "What is that?"

"Lasagna," said Scarlett. "Home made." She popped it into the oven. "That should be done in an hour."

"I already sliced the bread," said Rossi.

"Thank you," said Scarlett. She started eating the food her dad made. "Delish as always."

"Cassidy, make sure that Cole eats," said Hotch handing his wife a bowl. "Okay?"

"Got it," said Cassidy.

"Will?" asked JJ.

"Yeah, I know," said Will grabbing the last bowl. "I got it."

"So, while the lasagna cooks, who wants to see Scarlett's bedroom?" asked Rossi. We threw the empty plastic bowls away. "Come on."

"Dad," said Scarlett. We walked up to her room. "Here's my room." Every fit. "My white mac desktop is right over there. My white mac laptop is right on the bed. Private home line is on my night stand. Questions?"

"This is a big room," said Hotch.

"I usually have my cheer squad here," said Scarlett. "We were a squad of eight. I did my studies on the table and the book shelves are full of all my work from schools."

"I like it," I said. "Roomy."

"Closet," said Rossi. He opened the door. "Walk in and she has a lot of clothes."

"Dad," said Scarlett closing the doors. "That was clothes." She opened another door. "Shoe closet and walk in."

Morgan's POV

"You be spoiling your daughter," I said.

"That's my girl," said Rossi as she closed the doors. "I got the room made just for her."

"You live in a mansion," said Hotch. "This is not a house."

"Agreed," said JJ as we walked downstairs. We talked for an extra thirty minutes or so and the timer went off. "Lasagna's done."

"Yeah," said Scarlett grabbing an oven mitt. She got out the pan and put it on the stove. She turned off the oven. "Here we go." She cut it and made ten plates with two slices of bed. "I hope you enjoy it." We started eating it. "Hm."

"This is the best homemade lasagna I've ever had," I said.

"It is," said JJ we finished that and threw our plates away. "Okay, now a toast. Even though Scarlett get sparkling cider but still."

"I'm 18," said Scarlett.

"A toast to the Rossis family. No, the FBI family. Without you guys, these team wouldn't be successful. With the add on of Scarlett Rossi, we couldn't have solved the case in time for family," said JJ. "So, thanks for coming into the family and making it such a honor to be a part of it. I'm glad you're in the family." JJ gave Scarlett a hug. "Toast." We took a sip of our drink. "Scarlett, I'm glad you're part of the squad."

"I'm glad," said Scarlett. We talked for a few hours and Scarlett looked at the countdown. "Fifteen seconds."

"Here we go," I said.

"Ten, nine, eight, seven, six," we said in unision. "Five, four, three, two, one."

"Woo," said Rossi giving Scarlett a hug. "A new year."

"Indeed," I said as Scarlett walked up to me. "New Years."

"Yeah," said Scarlett. I gave her a kiss. "What was that for?"

"New Years kiss, check," I said.

"That was my first," said Scarlett. "Every year I would always hug my dad. It would've only been the three of us here." I looked at her. "I would always hug my parents and they would kiss each other. "This is my first New Years without her." She started crying. "I'm sorry."

"Scarlett," I said as she ran upstairs. Everyone looked at me. "Don't look at me."

"What was she talking about?" asked Rossi.

"Mrs. Rossi," I said.

"That's what's wrong with her," said Rossi.

"She just told me," I said.