Chapter 6

Reid's POV

"We finally get to home," I said getting into the SUV.

"With Scarlett, we can finish a lot more cases in less time," said Hotch. "Then we have more time with our family."

"Scarlett and Rossi," I said. "They are the only family."

"More father and daughter time," said JJ.

"Or he'll invite us to see the both of them cook in the kitchen," said Hotch. "That was Rossi."

"Yeah," I said. "That was true."

"Wait," said JJ. "We were at Rossi's house a few years ago. Four years to be exact."

"Yeah, so?" I asked.

"How come we never met Scarlett then?" asked JJ.

"Good point," said Hotch. "I never really encountered that."

"Probably she was either in her room or out with friends," I said. "She was fourteen."

"And in college," said JJ.

"Studies," I said.

Morgan's POV

"Why did you dress up like that?" I asked driving.

"Morgan, stop," said Scarlett smiling. "It was the only dress I packed."

"Well, you look beautiful in it," I said.

"Thank you," said Scarlett.

"How come I never met you every time I went over to Rossi's?" I asked.

"I think Dad has you guys over when I'm not home," said Scarlett. "I'm either at my friend's or studying in my room."

"You're home when you're in your room," I said.

"I'm not allowed in the kitchen," said Scarlett. "That's where all the action happens."

"This year he'll probably let you be in the kitchen," I said.

"Or hold the gathering in my room," said Scarlett.

"What?" I asked.

"My room is huge," said Scarlett. "I have a round table that seats eight, a couch, a king size bed, and a white mac desktop and laptop. Also a private home line and a cell phone."

"You are one spoiled kid," I said as we got to the hotel. "You know that?"

"I know," said Scarlett as she disappeared in her room.

"Yeah," I said as I went into my room. "Hey Reid." I packed my bag. "I'm done. Let's go." I met Scarlett down at the car. "Hey."

"Hi," said Scarlett as we got in. I started driving. "I wonder if Dad is going to have a gathering."

"Well, I would hope so," I said. "He usually does when we finish a case early." I looked at Scarlett. "And I can see you changed."

"Yeah," said Scarlett. "Black yoga pants and a white tee with a black workout jacket. Comfy." We boarded the plane and took off. "Well, how long till we land."

"Well, the plane is moving slower than usual," said Rossi looking at his watch. "Six hours from now it'll be nine."

"Mind as well get some sleep," said Scarlett. She sat next to Rossi. "I'm glad to be part of this family."

"Yes," I said.

JJ's POV

"Let me guess one thing before you do," I said. "Rossi is going to have another annual Rossi dinner."

"Today at seven," said Rossi. "This time with Scarlett."

"I actually get to cook?" asked Scarlett. "With the team?"

"The team does cook sweetheart," said Morgan. "The team watches the Rossis cook."

"Yes you get to cook this time," said Rossi.

"Whatever you choose," I said. Rossi whispered something to Scarlett. "Father and daughter discussing the cooking plans."

"I can sure do that," said Scarlett.

"Wine?" asked Hotch.

"Sparkling cider," said Rossi.

"Where's the fun in that?" I asked.

"Scarlett," said Rossi.

"Dad," said Scarlett. "Don't ruin the fun for them."

"Bring a bottle of sparkling cider and moscato," said Rossi.

"Thanks Scarlett," I said.

"Don't mention it," said Scarlett.

"You do realize what tomorrow is, right?" asked Reid.

"It's New Years Eve," said Morgan.

"I have a count down going at the house," said Rossi.

"Dad has the electronic count down," said Scarlett. "It's on time too."

"We're done for the holiday," I said.