Chapter 11

Morgan's POV

"They are correct," I said looking at Scarlett. "You're an amazing agent."

10 MONTHS LATER

I was sitting in. The conference room. "Our day off?" I asked.

"Just hang around the hub until we get a case," said Hotch.

"Alright," I said. A pair of hands went over my eyes. "Scarlett." I spun around in my chair. "Hey." I stood up and gave her a hug. "How's my baby girl?"

"I'm doing good," said Scarlett. She handed me a black box. "Happy nine months."

"Thanks baby," I said as I opened it. "You got me a watch?" Scarlett nodded. "Thank you." I put it on. "Come here." I pulled her to my desk. "I got this for you." I opened a rectangular box and showed it to her. "I got you a bracelet."

"I love it," said Scarlett.

"Here," I said. I helped her put the bracelet on. "A gold infinity bracelet."

"In two months I would've been working here for a year," said Scarlett.

"You're the only good thing that has happened here," I said. "That's why I love coming to work."

"Put on your ear piece and get to your car now," said Rossi. "Both of you."

"Okay Dad," said Scarlett as she quickly put on her vest and earpiece. We ran out to the black SUV and got in. "Where to?"

"There's a UPS truck," said Rossi. I switched on the sirens. "Corner of twenty fourth and Grand."

"Okay," I said. I pulled up next to the truck. "What are we looking for?"

"Something that looks like a propane can," said Rossi. "Find it and quickly get to the hospital."

"Alright," said Scarlett as we started checking boxes. "I got it." We got back in the SUV and rushed to the hospital. We quickly met up with the doctor. "Here."

"We gotta quickly transfer the containers," said the doctor. He opened it. "Liquid nitrogen to keep the embryos from freezing to the bottom." He turned the container over the sink. Nothing came out. "I'm sorry. The embryos are gone."

"No," said Scarlett.

"Come on baby girl," I said as we walked back out to the car. "It's okay."

"Whoever did that deserves to be put in jail," said Scarlett. "It's called murder."

"It's okay baby girl," I said.

JJ's POV

"Where are the love birds now?" I asked looking at Rossi. I looked at the paper work on my desk in front of me.

"On a case," said Rossi.

"Seems like you're okay with your daughter dating Morgan," I said.

"She's her own adult," said Rossi. "She'll be nineteen in two months."

"No, Morgan, it's not okay," said Scarlett as they walked into the room. "You don't know what it's like."

"Scarlett," said Morgan.

"What?" asked Scarlett turning around to look at Morgan.

"Embryos are embryos," said Morgan.

"No, embryos develops into fetus'," said Scarlett. "It's called murder." She walked into her office and slammed the door. Morgan knocked on it. She opened it. "I'm done discussing the situation." She closed the door.

"Got involved in an emotional problem?" I asked.

"Yep," said Morgan.

"Was it such a good idea?" I asked.

"Nope," said Morgan.

"How can you guys get through the fights?" I asked. "You guys been together for nine months."

"Hell if I know," said Morgan. "I love her."

"Yet you guys have a fight every month for the past three months," I said. "You my friend need a trip inside the mind of a woman."

"Rossi, I need help," said Morgan.

"Ask JJ," said Rossi.

"You know how some girls say 'this conversation is over,' right?" I assured. Morgan nodded. "Well, with Scarlett saying 'I'm done discussing this situation' means she has matured."

"I feel like she's older than me," said Morgan.

"No, she's just a teenager who knows what she wants already," I said. "Just keep up with her. That's it."

"I've been trying to keep up with her," said Morgan. "I kept her from getting shot."

"My daughter was shot at?" asked Rossi.

"This was a case a long time ago," I said.

Prentiss' POV

"Is there any case today?" I asked walking to to JJ, Rossi, and Morgan. "Why are you down in the dumps?"

"Just relationship problems," said Morgan.

"Hotch hasn't given us any calls," said JJ.

"No," I said looking towards Scarlett's office. "But it surely looks like Hotch and Scarlett are having a serious conversation."

"I wonder what they're talking about," said JJ as we turned to look. "Hope he's not putting her on suspension."

"He can't pull her badge," said Rossi.

"Really?" I asked. "I thought Strauss said —"

"Strauss did say Hotch can pull badges but for Scarlett she let me," said Rossi. "Strauss doesn't play games with me. She let me talk to Scarlett and see if she wants to join the case."

"Does Hotch know that?" I asked.

"He has," said Rossi. "Since she started working here."

"I'm glad Hotch knows," I said. "Why are we the last to know?"

"You never ask," said Rossi.

"Well, we should know anyway," I said.