Who is it Cole?

I looked out the window, paranoid that I was being watched, which was probably true. I could feel someone staring at me, even when i was bouncing my child in my arms to stop her crying. I felt Cole's warm hand fit around my shoulder as he squeezed it for reasurrence, yet it didn't help at all. Cole offered to check the grounds, and of course, even after all my protests he still went with the pack round the grounds. I sighed, sitting in a wicker rocking chair in the corner of the room. i said silently, listening out for the padding feet I was awaiting. About a hour waiting, my sleeping daughter in my arms, I heard the soothing sounds off wolves padding on the ground. I frowned when I heard shouting and the door swing open. Something was wrong. 

"get the Healer! We Need her now!" Cole shouted. I got up from the chair, placing Lily in her cot, and ran to the door, frightened at who was hurt. I swung the door open, running to the stairs and peering over the banister at the front door, where a trail of blood was trailing from the door, along the carpet and to a nearby room which was closed now. I ran down the stairs two at a time and went to undo the door when Cole pulled me back by the waist, holding me firmly away from opening the door.

"Who is it Cole? Cole! Who is it?" i screamed fighting against his grip and trying to reach the door. 

"Calla, don't go in there! Come on Calla, come away" he said through gritted teeth, trying to pull back the full force of my weight. 

"Who's in there Cole? Tell me!" i screamed, still fighting. A tear fell from my eye and I looked down at the floor, hoping he didn't see. 

"Guards! help me! I need to get her to her room. She can't go in there" Cole said firmly to some nearby guards, who followed his orders and started pulling me back as well. Even with the three of them, they weren't getting far. They started to pull harder, now getting me to the bottom of the stairs, even with my constant squirming and trying to escape. 

They had me at the top of the stairs and along the corridor in little time. Cole pushed me into my room and locked it, making me lean up against the door and let out loud sobs. 

"Calla-" Cole said through the door." It's for your own good"

"Cole. I just needed to see. Who was it?" i said between long gasps and sobs. 

"i-i can't tell you Calla. I'm sorry. You would flip at me if i told you. I need you to calm down. I'll come back, i just need to check on the person in the room" i heard his footsteps echo down the silent hallway. I placed my head in my hands and cried my eyes dry. I was thinking about who it was. Was it Jason? Taylor? The twins? i shuddered at the thought. But they were some of the only ones to leave. It had to be one of them if Cole was here. I looked up through my blurred vision and walked to the window, to see if i could see those devilish eyes that hurt one of my friends. I scanned the trees, searching for the eyes. My head snapped round when i saw movement. 

Ren had the nerve to wave at me from the treeline, human and grinning wickedly. I growled. I was so angry, i shifted, shoving myself through the gap in the window. I landed on the marble steps below, and started to make my way slowly walking to Ren. I heard Cole shouting for me to come back, and for the guards to fetch me, but I was almost on Ren. I growled, sprinting towards him before he could shift and pushing him into a tree, biting his leg in the process. He screamed out in pain and I growled more, letting go so the blood could flow freely from his leg, weakening him before he healed. He shifted, speeding up his healing, to my dissapointment.

That was when Cole came over in wolf form, pushing me away and growling at Ren. Ren stood there. he didn't want to hurt me. He wanted to make a point. i finally gave in to Cole's pushing and started to walk. Ren burst forward, biting Cole's neck. I yelped in horror and started biting his leg so it broke. Ren yelped, letting go and limping quickly into the forest. I shifted and called to the guards, who came and helped me carry his wolf inside. He was talking to Cole quickly and panickly on the way.

"Calla-"

"yes?"

"It was Jason"

"What was?"

"He was the person in the room. He's dying. I didn't want to tell you but-" he winced as we turned, grabbing for his necka and shoulder. I went into shock, falling to the ground. Jason was hurt. He was hurt. The guards took Cole inside. I started getting angry at myself. It was my fault. I shouldn't have approved it. I started hitting the floor and screaming out. I was making small craters in the ground. I screamed out, causing thunder to rumble. What a time for a new gift! The guards had to restrain me from hurting myself and I blacked out at the shock. I felt myself be put on a table, and i lost all feeling in myself. I knew i was bleeding fromCole attempts to restrain me, and when his wolf stopped it left deep gashes in my side. I was bleeding. i was dying. I was dying along with Jason. I wanted to cry, but I was unable to. I was trapped in blackness. My heart full of sorrow.