Goodbye, My Love

My eyes met the person I thought wouldn't say a thing. Cole. I looked at him, bewildered that he would risk his life after all we had been through. He was going to die and leave me. There was no way this was going to happen. Just no way. I stood up, staring him in the eyes, half angry, half hurt. I glared at him, staring into his eyes as he stood there expressionless. 

"You would leave me?" i said, wincing when my voice was strained from the impossibly big lump in my throat. 

"Calla, I would do anything to stay with you, but-" he tried to reason. I cut him of short.

"No Cole! Your my mate! Your supposed to be madly in love with me, inseparable! Don't you love me Cole? Can't you just tell me?" i cried. The boys stood there, awkwardly shuffling from one foot to the other. Cole opened his mouth to speak, but closed it again in fear of what I might say. I wasn't in my right mind. My child had just died. My mate was trying to leave me. I definitely wasn't in my right mind. Then a idea came to me. 

"Cole. Your not going to risk your life for Jason" i said stubbornly. He looked at me, silently staring at me.

"Who says?" he said slowly.

"Me" i said, equally slowly.

"Then who will take his place?" he said, keeping his voice even,trying not to anger me more than he had.

"Me" i said, calmly. I saw each mouth open on that side of the room, all looking at me as if I was crazy.

"Calla No-" Ryan started.

"I forbid you to say to me I can't do this. I say no one is to take my place. As a royal, you are bound in this command until its for-fulled." i said firmly, speaking the royal command words. Only Alphas of royal blood could do this, and they couldn't stop me anymore. I looked at Cole's torn face. The face I had worn only seconds before I had said them words. I stared at him, showing that I wasn't scared of death. He had my children. I wanted him to remember that.

"I will swap with him tomorrow. Right now I need rest. Lots of rest" i breathed to myself deeply, then walked out the room, avoiding their gazes. No one followed. I had done that because I feared for all their lives. Their lives were too precious. I was wanted all over the kingdom. All the packs around the kingdom wanted me to use my powers. I had produced my heir and she had her powers. That is all I was needed for. I wasn't needed for anything else. Except Cole. He needed me. But it is a small price to pay for the helpfulness I am giving to everyone else. I walked silently and slowly to my room, processing what i had just done, trying to make sense of it. Better me than my beloved. I closed the door slowly and ran to the bed, tears staining the sheets. I needed some time. I needed to help Jason. This was his fight, he needed to find his mate. He needed to live on. I remembered the first time i'd met my boys, and how special they made me feel. I remember the heart they had that i thought was unheard of. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Flash back*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You are a good fighter" Jason said. " We have never seen a female fight like that before"

"I learnt like every female learnt" I replied like it was the simplest thing in the world. "To be a agent for the males"

"What are you talking about? I've never heard anything so strange. Females are treated equally in our eyes" Adam replied.

"Don't your family send out females to observe?" i said, confused.

"No. Of course not. What pack are you from, sweetie?" Ryan said, making his eyebrows wiggle. I giggled, and they all looked at me.

"Don't call her sweetie! Stop flirting Ryan!" Adam shouted back at Ryan. I giggled again. 

"I'm from the Wolfe pack" i said politely. hey all started fighting, just like they do now. Of course, then, i didn't know what they were talking about. 

"Why are you not with your pack? We know how your pack acts. They are lazy, sexist pigs" Jason said with distaste. 

"I was kicked out, for ordering my pack to go in a dangerous situation" i said sadly. Obviously I was missing them then. What A fool I was. 

"Great! See? She can join! See?" Ryan said excitedly. I love that boy!

"welcome to the pack! Um...." Jason said, waiting for my name. 

"Oh! My name is Calla" I said. I was so relieved being part of a pack again. This was my home. My family. I was standing up and fighting who ever got in our way, no matter what the causes. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*End Of Flash Back ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

That made up my mind. I had said it then and I am standing by it. I was fighting for Jason whatever got in our way. No matter what the causes. That meant giving up my life, for his. I was going to do that. It was my duty. Nothing would stop me. I stretched out on my bed, making sure it was a long relaxing stretch, as it was probably the last i'd have. I looked at the clock, groaning when I saw it was the day I'd take on Jason's pain. He was going to hate me for this. I got out of bed, gathering my things and got washed, dressed and presentable for my last day of life. Might as well spoil myself. Its the last day i'm living anyway. 

I placed on a white,shin length dress, what was some sort of net fabric covered over a silk layer which met my legs. I sighed walking out the door and to Jason's room. I was ready for this. I knew I was. 

I walked into the room, confidently with my nose in the air. Princess style. I walked to the table, kissing Jason's forehead and then running to Cole and kissing him. 

"Goodbye, My love" he cried into my ear. I swallowed the lump what had a chance of ruining this whole situation. 

"Don't think of it as goodbye, think of it as see you later. I promise i'll see you after i've gotten through this" i whispered in his ear.

"But the healer said you have a 40% chance of surviving" he said.

"40% more than I thought i'd have" i said bravely, and walked to the table. I sat down and looked at Cole. I nodded once, trying to forget the pain i'd seen on his face. I looked to Jason, who's forehead was beaded with sweat and the only thing moving was his finger, which twitched every once in a while. I got up, walking to the side of the table he was laying on. 

"I'm ready" i said, looking up at the healer, who nodded for me to do what she had told me to do. I looked down at Jason. He looked far from peaceful. His face showed he was in dreadful pain. I was going to relieve him. I took my fore finger, and placed it on my forehead, breathing deeply. Then i moved, placing it on his forehead, and I repeated it, getting faster until I felt a pull, knowing it was out of Jason's system. I fell a bit from the weight the pain had on me. Cole had my arms, walking me to the table and sitting me down. I closed my eyes, and I saw what had been causing Jason pain. Ren's pack had placed a unforgivable curse on him. The curse of pain. i saw all my fears, all coming for me, reaching me, touching me. I let out screams and my eyes darted everywhere, but not once did I open my eyes. 

I felt the pain racing round my system, climbing through all my veins, racing towards my brain. Thats when I heard a click. I fell motionless as I felt all the pain reach my brain, and all havoc let loose. Something was stopping the pain from getting to the right side of my brain, like a sheild of some sort. I let out a bloodcurdling scream and fell motionless again. I was fighting for control. I was determined to beat the curse. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it was really tempting to go on, but I need something for the next chapter! so Comment Vote Fan! I already have ideas in my head but if you have any, i'll happily read them and consider them. Thank you for reading this chapter and I hope you like it. Thanks A lot!