Eight Days and a Tumblr Post

A/N: Fuck. Why did I write this shit. Sorry all my recent additions are so sad. Tell me, after you read this, do you feel empty inside? ;-;

Day 1 // Sarah D. Pierce

Sarah sighed as she watched Diane walk away down the back hallway. This, she had to say, was the worst part of her job. She always felt horrible trying to keep her voice sweet.

These kinds of calls were strange. People's reactions were always... interesting, to say the least. The most common reaction was crying. There would be a short pause, and then there would be the slowly heightening sound of sobs coming through the other end of the phone. Sarah would then ask them if they were ok, and most would assure her they were (in between broken sobs) before hanging up. Sometimes there was screaming. The screams were usually mixed with sobs or gasps, and often only went on for a few seconds before an apology or a loud beep that informed her the line was dead. Sometimes they yelled at her. They asked her how it happened, or informed her in the tone of an angry lion that she had to be lying. She once even had a guy convinced it was all a prank.

The worst reaction was when they just hung up. Immediately after she had finished her sentence, or sometimes even before, there would be a loud beep. Sarah worried about those ones.

She glanced around the lobby, checking to make sure no one was there. Then, from her place behind the counter, she reached for the phone. Her hand hesitated a moment, but then she let out another sigh and punched in the number.

Sarah picked up the phone. It rang three times. Ding. Ding. Ding.

"Daniel Howell?" She inquired.

...

Day 2 // Ollie G. Sanders

Ollie rolled over, nudging his wife's nose with his own. Her beautiful blue eyes finally opened, and met with his own brown ones. Her lips curved into a smile as she blinked, clearing the sleep from her eyes. She didn't move, she stayed in place with their noses still touching.

"Morning..." he breathed.

"Morning Ollie..." she breathed back.

Oh, they were so hopelessly in love. Married for three months. Three, wonderful months.

With Kiera sitting at the table contently sipping coffee as the wonderful smell of pancakes coming from the pan Ollie was holding filled his nose, it was just about the perfect morning. That is, until the sound of a broken sob came from the apartment below theirs.

At first, it was barely there and Ollie assumed it might be just in his head, but he soon realized that was not the case. The sobs grew gradually louder and louder until there was a scream of pure anguish and a crash. It was as if a child were having a tantrum, but that scream held so much pain that it could not possibly have been that of a child. The sobbing continued for about another half an hour accompanied by many crashes and the occasional yell or scream, until Ollie decides that he and Kiera had best leave the house. They simply could not relax with the adult tantrum that was going on downstairs.

Ollie and Keira had a very nice morning walking their dog at the park.

...

Day 3 // Lily M. Green

Lily raised an eyebrow as she pushed yet another shot of whisky over the counter to the brown haired man who had come in about an hour before. She hadn't asked for his ID, as he looked well old enough, but she was wondering about it now. His face looked familiar somehow, and anyone drinking this much had to have a reason.

She couldn't place where she had seen him, but when he asked for yet another shot of whiskey in a slightly slurred voice, she shook her head.

"I'm sorry sir, I'm afraid I'll have to cut you off," she said.