Chapter 18- You Have To Understand

For Your Love Chapter 18- You Have to Understand.

Truce POV

"Larry what the fuck is going on?" Melissa yelled. I quickly broke loose of the hold Larry had on me. It was as if he didn't want to let go at first and had frozen in place. "Answer me," she asked as she stepped forward, which filled in the space I left, in order to face him.

I placed myself beside Laurent, who hadn't taken his eyes off me. I then looked over to Larry who already was staring at me as well. It felt like time had stopped once our eyes met, but quickly sped up, lace with fear, when I read the apologies that were already in his eyes. Though he hadn't spoken yet like Melissa demanded, I already felt his answers and it burned.

"What are you doing here Melissa?" He asked her.

"Don't you fucking dare change the subject. You answer my fucking question. What the fuck is going on with-"

"Ok listen let's all calm down it's not what it looks like Melissa, me and Larry are just friends" I interrupted as she turned to face me and both twins wore a face of shock. I quickly took a deep breath and went for the best acting role I could produce. "We have been friends for years," I rushed and smiled, but on the inside, my heart skipped a beat as it stung of pain. I instantly felt sick as Larry's eyes grew wider with shock, instead of his mouth moving with the truth or a stance towards stopping me. I was never one to condone or encourage confrontation, but this was the one situation where I secretly wish Larry would fight for me.

But instead, he traded his shocked features for a remorseful one and bow his head to the floor. Never had I been more disappointed in him. Larry was a natural born fighter when it came to his life and what he wanted; So, his backing down towards releasing the truth and allowing me to birth this lie, spoke in great volumes where and what position Melissa stood. I didn't stand a chance and quickly but silently prayed my heart could recover from this amount of betrayal.

"What?" She questioned suspiciously while snapping me out of my thoughts. I then threw myself further into my role, while trying with every ounce of me, at blocking out all hurtful thoughts that flooded my mind.

"Yeah, I'm from here, born and raised and a part of Criminalz Crew. I'm the one they all call Baby, because I'm the youngest of them all," I smiled while reporting the "technical" true. I just decided to leave out the whole part out of me and Larry falling in love, or so what I thought was love.

"Wow, I've been with Larry almost two years-"

"Two years," I accidently blurted and interrupted as I swallowed hard, trying to regain my composure and not blow the cover. "I mean, wow that's awesome." I laughed. I was starting to even scare myself at how convincing I was becoming, while I watched her begin to buy into my story, as her mood shifted.

"Yeah, and I've been here a couple of times with him, met the whole crew, but, yet I've never met you. It's such a small world, isn't it?" She stated.

(Laurent): "Larry-"

(Larry): "Laurent Please. Melissa, Truce-"

(Me): "Yeah I'm kinda like the baby sister that ran away to the states. I-"

(Larry): "Truc-"

"Larry please don't interrupt me," I harshly replied as I cut him off. "Let me tell this story please," I pleaded as a tear started to roll down my face. Just one look in his eyes nearly snapped me fully out of character as I started to fall apart. It was becoming too much to look deep into the eyes that once ignited my happiness, begging and pleading forgiveness towards the sadness it now inflamed. He had successfully broken my heart.