Chapter 26 (Part 3)- Trust

For Your Love Chapter 26 (Part 3)-  Trust 

Truce POV

"Truce open the door it's Daddy baby."

"Is Larry gone?"

"Yes Baby it's just me," he answered as Nala walked over to let him in. His eyes lit up bright once he took in the sight of me and mines as well once I laid sight on who he had bought with him as she held his hand. I instantly bent down and opened my arms as she ran to hug me.

"Oh my goodness, Lilo you look so beautiful Mon Cherie Amour (my dearest love)," I said as she smiled and then buried her face in my neck. Lilo was slightly shy, well mostly when the spotlight was on her or new surroundings. She was one who would have to warm up 1st before she felt comfortable enough to be herself, which was incredibly adorable and just as talented as her parents. "Oh, dad no please don't," I said referring to him removing his glasses in order to wipe away a tear. "Mom already helped with her tears of joy that brought on mines, which resulted towards me messing up my makeup, now you? Do you guys want me ugly on my wedding day?"

"You non ugly Jenny," whispered Lilo as everyone but my mother gave a confusing look as to why she would be calling me Jenny.

"Thank you my beautiful Lisa," I replied as I kissed Lilo's nose.

"You mean as in Jenny and Lisa from the 1990 HBO series The Red Shoes?" My mom asking while knowing already the answer.

"Yes Truce is my Jenny and I am her Lisa," answered Lilo as my mother proudly smiled at me. The Red Shoes was a beautiful movie that both my mother and I watched as a young girl. It had a powerful message of friendship, money, and the power of love, all while celebrating our beautiful heritage. My mother told me this was a movie that all young ladies should possess and all mothers should pass on to their daughters and so with Lilo as my god child and soon to be step daughter, I did; As it quickly became one of our favorite movies to watch together.

"You know Lilo, Truce was once my Lisa but now I truly at this very moment I am truly proud to see her become a Jenny," she spat while kissing my forehead.

"Again mom why did you refer to me as Lisa instead of Jenny?"

"Because in the movie Lisa had a lot to learn and at the end Jenny was the one who was always there. It's kind of the same with a mother and daughter relationship; We'll always be best friends, but a daughter has a lot to learn, while at the end the mother will always still be there once she does," she spat while winking at me as I smile brightly at the metaphor relating to both Lilo and I's relationship. 

"Well that's so funny because Truce was once my Lisa too," laughed Nala. "Remember after school when we use to go down to the square and pretend to be Ballerinas and the people would stop and watch us," she laughed as I joined in.

"Yeah until a real group of ballerinas saw us one day and danced around us while exposing us for the frauds we were," I joked as everyone laughed.

"Yep and ever since then hip hop & Bboy has been our thing," joked Nala as she demonstrated a pop lock move and everyone laughed harder.