Chapter 22- Test of Faith

For Your Love Chapter 22- Test of Faith

Truce POV

Je suis tellement en colère contre toi (I am so angry with you)," Nala whispered over to me. I was suddenly convinced that she had reserved a spot for me right next to her, not because I was her maid of honor but to silently torcher me. I had noticed she had placed Milan (along with Waydi) towards the far end of the table away from us, though Nala knew she was my plus one and not Waydi. It proved that Nala still wasn't too fond of Milan being here. I also took notice of Lau, Jessica and Lylah who were also seated towards the far end across from Milan and all seeming to have had a mood change once noticing both Larry and I's arrival.

Larry, however, was seated directly across from me and not beside me, which further brought me to the conclusion that she wanted me to herself in order to let me have it.

"Why? What did I do?"

"Are you kidding me? 1st you run off for 4 years, so I threaten to kick you butt if you non come to my wedding, all for you to bring a new best friend and then this whole time I non can find you because you off somewhere with Larry. Also not to mention that you were so late coming here tonight. I feel like I am starting to hate you," she pouted as I wrapped my hand around hers and brought it to my lips for a traditional French backhand kiss. Nala was right, I had totally neglected my best friend for far too long.

"I promise Na after my shoot and your dress fitting tomorrow it will be just me and you. Ok?" I remorsefully answered as she shrugged her shoulders which displayed more of her hurt. "Na for real I'm so sorry and I promise to make it up to you."

"It's like I don't know you anymore," she sadly confessed.

"What! No, come on Na, I am still the same Truce, trust me."

"Yeah! Oki, well let's test this out," she said while taking a sip of her wine and I, a bite of my food. "Because the Truce I know, vow to be a virgin only unless a certain Bourgeois popped that cherry," she spat while smiling as I nearly choked on my food and drew attention from the entire table. After a few sips of my water and a reassurance of my full recovery to Larry, I glared at an amused Nala. Of course she would be the one to ask such a private question. I assumed it was to test out just how comfortable I still was with her and to also prove a point if our relationship had in fact changed.

"Why were you always so concern about that back then anyway? Is it because you wanted me to be as sprung like you are with Blo?" I laughed as she chuckled and rolled her eyes.

"Shut up and answer the question Baby," she laughed.

"Still with the Baby huh?"

"Truce Jackson."

"Ok, Ok....Well, I don't know about the "CERTAIN" part, but when it comes to the "BOURGEOIS" part," I started as I broke eye contact with her and looked across the table at Larry who somehow must of felt my eyes on him as he suddenly diverted his attention from his conversation with Bou Boo to flash me the most gorgeous smile and a wink, which caused me to have to sips my drink again to help disguise my extreme blushing.

"REALLY IT WAS LARRY?" She by accidently yelled as once again we drew attention from the whole dinner party. The level of embarrassment from a number of suspicious eyes (except of course the glares from Lylah, Jessica, Speedy and a disgusted look from Lau) rendered too much as I quickly acted in order to reverse Nala's drunken outburst.

"YES," I yelled and nervously smiled. "It was Larry who taught me that new special dance move," I lied as I winked my eye at him and took another sip of my beverage while feeling both vindicated and successful at throwing the onlookers off. Larry, however, caught on as he bit his lip and winked back.