12

Bea

I'm just mindlessly scrolling through my social media accounts while waiting for Fel and Trey to finish up in the lady's room when that picture suddenly catches my attention. I instantly feel like my heart drops out of my chest while staring at the picture that Thirdy posted of him and Jho together.

May hawak si Jho na bouquet of red roses at heart-shaped balloons habang naka-akbay naman sa kanya si Thirdy. The caption says Happy 3rd monthsary to us babe!

They look so happy. They look like they are in love.

Huminga ako ng malalim at napapikit. This pain and jealousy is starting to creep in on me. Bigla tuloy akong nawalan ng ganang gumala at parang gusto ko nang umuwi.

"Where do you want to eat, Bey?"

I hear Fel asking me something but I am still too preoccupied thinking about Jho's smile in that picture.

If she really is genuinely happy with Thirdy, I should just be happy for her right?

But there is an echo at the back of my mind telling me that I want Jho to be happy with me instead.

"Bea?"

"Huh?"

My eyes go to Fel who is now staring at me with raised eyebrows.

"I asked where do you want to eat?"

Napabuntong hininga ako at itinago na ang phone ko sa bulsa ko.

"Kahit saan. Kayo bahala," walang kaganagana kong sagot.

We're in UPTC right now because Fel and Trey asked me to accompany them to shop for costumes for an upcoming Halloween party on Saturday. Ayoko naman talaga sumama nung umpisa pa lang pero dahil mapilit itong dalawa, wala na rin akong nagawa. They went and cornered me in the school parking lot just as I was about to go home.

When the both of them are done freshening up and retouching their makeups, we proceed to look for a place to eat since all of us are hungry from walking around the mall all afternoon. We decide to eat at 8cuts since it's the nearest from where we are and I refuse to walk any further to look for any place else.

Tahimik lang ako hanggang sa makaupo na kami samantalang yung dalawa naman busy pa rin sa paguusap tungkol sa magiging costume nila. From the sound of it, I think they are planning on collaborating their costumes together with Trey's younger sister, Ponggay.

"Bea," Fel says, grabbing my attention. "I have a question for you."

I swallowed my food first before looking at her, "What is it?"

"Will you be my date for the party?"

Natigilan ako sandali. I am not expecting Felicia to ask me that all of a sudden. May pagka straightforward talaga ang isang 'to kahit kailan.

"I'm not sure if I'm going, Fel."

"Sus, Bea. Everyone from our block will be there. Hindi ka pwedeng hindi pumunta 'no." Trey cuts in with a wide smile.

"Sige na, Bea. Please?"

Felicia is now looking at me with that puppy dog eyes of hers. Hindi pa siya nakuntento at tumabi pa siya sa upuan ko at humawak sa braso ko with matching pout. I found myself staring at her face.

Gosh, what am I doing? Didn't I say that I would stop leading her on? I don't want her to expect for something more to happen between us and then eventually break her heart.

No, I am not that cruel.

If this was the old me, I would take her up on her offer right away and probably more. Felicia is gorgeous and she is one of the nicest girls I've met. Anyone would be lucky to have her as their date.