15

"Hoy, Beatriz. Ano na? Kaya pa?"

The only answer that Bea's companion got from her as she slumps face first on the table is a muffled noise that sounds more like an annoyed grunt.

"Ano bang balak mo? Get drunk until you pass out? May pasok pa tayo bukas huy!"

"Maki, if all you will do is bug me all night then you can go ahead. I can take care of myself."

"Ano ako sira? I'm not going to leave you here when you can't even sit properly. Kapag may nangyari sayo, konsensya ko pa!"

Bea did not bother to respond. Sa totoo lang kasi ay nahihilo na rin siya. Hindi na nga niya mabilang kung ilang bote ng beer na ang nainom niya mula ng dumating sila dito sa bar kasama ng high school best friend niya.

It's been over a week since that night but Bea still can't get Jho out of her mind. She's like a lost soul floating through her classes. Even her close friends have noticed her weird behavior and they've been asking her what's wrong but she can't say anything because she made a promise.

Hindi pa din sila nagkikita ni Thirdy at pati na rin ni Fel dahil umiiwas at nagtatago siya hanggat maaari. She just doesn't think she can look at Thirdy straight in the eye without feeling guilty and at the same time, she doesn't want to have to explain herself to Fel on why she left her at the party.

What makes it worse is that she can't find it in herself to regret what happened. She thinks that she will do it all over again if she would be given a chance.

Yes, that's how much of a shitty friend she is and how hard she has fallen for Jho.

Para na siyang mababaliw. Hindi na niya alam ang gagawin niya sa sarili niya at walang laman ang utak niya kundi yung nangyari sa kanila ni Jho. She can't even concentrate on anything else other than the fact that she slept with Jho and cheated on her best friend.

Iniangat niya muli ang ulo niya at agad na tinungga yung beer na hawak niya. She can see from her peripheral vision that Maki is now looking at her with concern. Hindi niya iyon pinansin at nagpatuloy sa pag-ubos nung mga bote ng San Mig Light na nasa harapan niya.

She sighs heavily and runs her hand through her hair as the images and memories start to clutter her mind once again. Kusang napapikit ang mga mata niya nang unti-unting bumalik sa kanya yung mga nangyari nung gabing yun.

Bea's a little tipsy but she knew that she's not drunk. She's starting to lose sense of what's happening around her, though, as she continued to feel Jho's lips on her own. Parang lumulutang yung pakiramdam niya na hindi niya maipaliwanag habang patuloy pa rin sila sa ginagawa nila.

She honestly never thought that this would happen again tonight. That she would get to kiss Jho again like the first time and taste her sweet and soft lips. This is the girl that she's been thinking and dreaming about for the past few months and she just initiated the kiss between them that Bea graciously accepted.

Kung panaginip man 'to, ayaw na niyang magising.

Mabilis ang mga pangyayari at namalayan na lang niya na nagda-drive na siya pabalik sa unit niya kasama si Jho. It was obvious that the girl beside her was intoxicated and she was silent in the car the whole drive back to her place.

Sobrang lakas ng kabog sa dibdib ni Bea habang nasa elevator na sila ng building niya. Hindi niya din magawang magsalita dahil pakiramdam niya ay bigla na lang matatauhan si Jho at iiwanan na lang siya basta.

But there's also a voice at the back of her head telling her that this shouldn't be happening. Hindi dapat nila 'to ginagawa in the first place. She doesn't want Jho to do something that she will regret later. She shouldn't be taking advantage of her vulnerability just because the girl was drunk and clearly not thinking straight.