20

Bea never thought her heart can hurt this much. She never imagined herself being this in love with someone that she feels a lingering pain inside her chest every time she thinks of Jho and the knowledge that she never belonged to her to begin with.

The two weeks that they've shared leading up to the last time that they've seen each other had been one of the happiest times of Bea's life but there's always that pessimistic voice at the back of her mind telling her that they were no more than stolen moments born out of sheer mistakes.

Ilang linggo na din ang nakalipas mula nang huling sinagot ni Jho ang mga tawag at text messages niya. The last one that she received from her was a simple 'merry christmas' as a reply to the heartfelt greeting that she sent her on Christmas eve. When she tried to call her again on New Year's, she never bothered to answer her phone and not even a single reply was ever received.

Wala nang kahit na anong ideya si Bea kung ano ba ang nangyayari sa kanila. Kung ano ba ang gustong mangyari ni Jho. Para na nga siyang masisiraan ng bait sa kakaisip kung ano ba ang dapat gawin.

Pero hindi naman siya nagulat ng makita niya ang babaeng gumugulo sa isip niya at si Thirdy na magkasamang dumating sa bar kung nasaan sila ngayong magkakaibigan. It is Sumang's birthday celebration after all and it's expected that all of their friends in campus are invited.

Of course, Thirdy would show up with Jho as his date. She subtly looks at them and tries not to think too much of the jealousy that rises up in the pit of her stomach at the sight of their intertwined hands.

The time passes by quicky but Bea can't seem to find the heart to properly say hi to the both of them. Isa pa, hindi naman kasi siya tanga para hindi mapansin na umiiwas sa kanya si Jho. Halos hindi na nga ito humihiwalay kay Thirdy at kahit isang beses hindi ito tumingin sa kanya.

Pakiramdam niya ay parang sinasaksak ang puso niya habang nakamasid lang siya sa dalawa. They are sitting together two tables away from her and Thirdy has his arms around Jho while they are whispering and exchanging secret smiles with each other. It's a sight that Bea couldn't stand and couldn't look away from at the same time. Truth be told, she feels like a masochist for not even trying.

What's the point? Nasasaktan na din naman siya. At least kahit yung ganito, nakikita pa din niya si Jho. It's been weeks since the last time that Bea saw her and she missed just being around her if she's being really honest.

So she lets herself settle on drinking her cold beer while staring forlornly at her best friend and his girlfriend.

"Baka matunaw."

Nabaling agad ang tingin niya sa nagsalita at nakita si Sumang sa tabi niya sa may table kung saan siya nakaupo. May hawak itong isang bote ng tequila at isang shot glass.

Kunot noo lang ang sinagot niya dito habang makahulugan na titig naman ang ibinato sa kanya ni Sumang bago ito muling nagsalita.

"Sige, kunwari na lang hindi ko napansin na kanina ka pa nakatingin dun sa dalawa."

She doesn't bother saying anything. At this point, she can't even make herself care that someone has noticed her staring.

"Kung di ko pa alam na chicks din ang hanap mo iisipin ko talaga may gusto ka kay Thirdy." pang-aasar pa ni Sumang.

Muli siyang napatingin dito na may disgusto sa mukha, "Please don't make me vomit my dinner, Sumang."

Natatawa lang na umiling ito at inabutan siya ng shot ng tequila. Kinuha naman niya iyon ng walang tanong at straight na ininom. Napangiwi pa siya ng konti pagkatapos ay pinunasan ang bibig gamit ang kamay at inilapag yung baso sa may table.