16

When Bea slowly opens her eyes, she is instantly greeted by the feeling of her head being hammered and split into two. She curses under her breath as she removes the blanket that's covering her and cautiously moves her body to get up from the couch where she apparently had fallen asleep last night.

Si Maki siguro yung nag-drive at nag-uwi sa kanya kagabi dito sa unit niya. Wala na din siyang maalala pagkatapos niyang ubusin yung pangatlong bucket ng beer na in-order niya. Siya lang ata yung nakaubos nun dahil halos hindi naman uminom si Maki. She said something about staying sober for her thesis defense scheduled for today.

Gosh, she couldn't even remember the last time she had drank that much!

Bigla naman niyang naalala kung paano siya umiyak sa harap ng kaibigan niya kagabi pagkatapos niyang ikwento yung tungkol sa kanila ni Jho. Napapikit siya sa sobrang inis sa sarili. What the fuck, nakakahiya! Can she get any more pathetic?

Napahinga siya ng malalim. At least may napagsabihan na siya ng problema niya. Hindi man nabawasan yung sakit kahit papaano ay meron nang may alam sa nararamdaman niya at hindi na niya kinikimkim mag-isa. Although Maki told her to just forget about Jho and avoid her as much as possible because nothing good would come out of it if she continues to chase and pine for the girl.

Maybe she's right but it's hard to forget someone who is always on your mind.

She really thought that she was ready to let her go but then that night happened and her desire for her grew by tenfold. She gets to have Jho for one night and she is suddenly craving for more.

These feelings that she has for her is doomed from the beginning but she wants it anyway. She wants Jho anyway.

Tumayo na siya mula sa couch para pumunta sana sa kusina pero umagaw sa atensyon niya yung bottled water at aspirin na nakapatong sa coffee table at may kasamang note:

take this and drink lots of water. may food na sa kitchen mo so don't forget to eat.

When she gets to the kitchen, nakita niya agad yung tray na may cover sa dining table. She checks it and sees that it's sausage, scrambled eggs, and garlic rice that someone cooked for her. She instantly feels her stomach grumbling at the sight because the food looks so good.

Probably Maki, she thinks.

Bea can't help but smile at her friend's thoughtfulness. She has classes this morning but she found the time to take care of her while she's passed out and she even cooked before she left. Umupo na siya sa table para simulan ng kumain. Napapikit pa siya dahil bukod sa gutom na gutom na siya ay sobrang sarap nung pagkakaluto nun. When did Maki even learn to cook this good?

Mabilis lang din niya naubos yun iniwang pagkain ni Maki. Kagabi pa kasi walang laman yung tiyan niya. In that moment, she has never been more grateful to have someone like Maki as a friend. She really ought to say thank you to her for all the things she has done for her last night and for today.

She checks her watch and sees that she still has time to attend the rest of her classes in the afternoon.

Medyo masakit pa din yung ulo niya pero binilisan na niyang mag-shower at agad na dumeretso sa school. Pagka-park niya nang kotse niya sa usual spot niya ay nagmadali na siyang naglakad para maabutan yung Econ class niya. It is an unusually quiet afternoon in the campus and Bea couldn't be more thankful for the peace. It feels more like calm before the storm for the upcoming hell week for seniors.

She is suddenly taken by surprise, however, when someone pulls on her arm from behind, making her stop on her tracks. She then finds herself staring at Felicia whose brows are furrowed and looks as if she's not very happy with Bea at the moment.