Leash your dogs

"-And here is another victory for Japan's BaraYura all-girl's middle school! Many congratulations!"

A large cheer rose from the school gym, the boys' cries reverberating through the whole school. Money exchanged, groans heard, and bets met.

"I TOLD YOU! No school can beat BaraYura. They've been Japan's representative for five years straight! "

"I hope Nozomi comes on next time. He voice can rival an angel's... "

"Who the hell said you were going to see an angel, you bi- HEY! That hurt!!"

The heroine, like a typical story, sat in a corner with a dark hoodie, hood up, 'adorable appearance' and 'long beautiful hair' hidden. Most of the girls were quiet, nervous. Anticipating. It was almost time.

For the choosing if the contestants for the next Legendary Concerto to start. 

Just in case I didn't make it clear, that was the original "heroine."

( of the otome game, duh ) 

The choosing is the stage before the choseb enter the Legendary Concerto; the worldwide handso-(cough) TV-program that was sweeping through rankings and getting all the newbie awards. Getting chosen seems really simple; get your school chosen, go through some tests, and finally verse last year's champion in song to take the throne for the year.

However, only one school from each country was chosen. Then only 4 people were chosen from each school.Plus, you might not fit the requirments.

Well, first of all you had to sing, after all.

The credits rolled on the large projector, before two large white words scrolled across the middle. 

The Choosing.

The boys were now bored. They didn't care to enter the tournament, they just wanted to watch it. It was way nicer watching pretty girls sing than any of the drab ones from their school.

The girls, however, were on the edges of their seats and practically twitching with anticipaton. Would they be finally chosen this year? Could one of them really have the honour of standing on that bright stage? Could they beat BaraYura??

The Japanese roulette appeared on the screen, thousands of schools on the brightly coloured metal.

Thump...

A pretty announcer appeared, starting off the spinning.

Thump...

It wasn't slowing! The announcer pushed the roulette one more time.

Thump...

Spin.

Thump...

Whirl.

Thump...

The metal circle finally began to slow.

Thump.

It was here.

Thump.

It could change someone's destiny.

Thump.
ThumpThump.
Thump.
.
.
.
Thump.

The "heroine" stood up too quickly, making a nasty clattering chair noise, completely ruining the anticipation.
But everyone was used to it, so it only ruined their emotions for a moment.

However, within that tiny little moment, the furiously spinning roulette came to a halt.
'Shiranai Middle' it read.

"Ehhhhhh??!!"

The entire auditorium fell into chaos. Their school?! Their school instead of BaraYura?! What kind of musical genius did they house to make them worthy of such a great opportunity?!

After staring at the large screen for a couple seconds, the "heroine" made a run for it. No way..! They would be here soon to take her away..!

Just as she reached the iron double doors, they banged open in her face.

"Is Aoi Himeishi here?" A large black suit-clad man asked, several others behind him. "Also Nishiyama Utahara, Chisanna Inoichi, and Aoi Sachi?"

This situation could only happen to a typical heroine in an otome game.

The girl leapt out from behind the door but was caught in one of the guard's strong grip. The girl's two very male and very handsome (path 1 & path 2) stood up as well, practically glittering at the prospect of having a damsel in distress. In a little dark corner of the screen, another girl stood up. She was pretty, but not enough to be noticeable. 

The boys hooted and holldered for Sachi, not because they liked her, but because they thought of the irony. Most of the girls congratulated Sachi, but inside, they were burning with envy. After all, couldn't they sing better than this hot-head and the slut? 

They inwardly glared at both of them but glared at the girl with the hoodie outwardly. The two paths noticed and went straight into protective mode. The perfect blond class president and the dark-haired rough-handsome-but-inwardly-tsundere delinquent.

"Uta, Ino! It's okay!" The "heroine," Hime called. 

Sachi ( our lil book's heroine ), who had walked from the corner to beside the two bodyguard-like people (as all anime people can do; one second they're here and the next all the way over there) could only think of how it looked like she was leashing two dogs with a straight face.

#pokerface

"Like hell it's okay-" The delinquent-character, Uta, frowned at the naive heroine.

"As you wish, Hime-chan!" Ino smiled delicately, (as expected of the student council president character) masking his malicious thoughts.

Sachi tapped the bodyguard before this could go any farther. "Shall we leave?" Sachi asked.

"O-of course!" The black-clad bodyguard said, so absorbed in the drama that he couldn't pay attention to her. "Right! Let's be off!"

Aoi was let down from the bodyguard, and the trio (by that the two perfect boys and the heroine) walked out, sun shining brightly in their smiling faces while the two bodyguards walked behind them and Sachi behind everyone, therefore nowhere to be seen if looked at from the front.

And so the drama began.

But first, let's start from the beginning.

When it all began.