the aftermath

Third Person's POV

Sachi woke up in a cold sweat. Immediately, she felt for her boobs. Okay. Boobs safe. But she was a guy...?

No, she was Sachi. Aoi Sachi. Average sister of a heroine in an otome game- otome game?

How did she know this was an otome game? She shouldn't, right? Nobody else knew this game, did they? How come she knew?

Although she tried to put herself back to sleep (although the mattress was just pure bliss) she reaped no fruit in her efforts. Sighing, she sat back up. Careful not to wake up Kaachan, she tiptoed to the door. 

Sitting in the hallway, Sachi began to think things over. She was- was, not is- Jungkook. Jungkook. Who was Jungkook? He did seem overwhelmingly rich, considering how extragavant the room had been. She remembered wishing to be here. Maybe he-or herself- was under a lot of stress?

Never the brains in her family, Sachi buried her head in her hands. She was starting to understand the feelings of Jungkook- there was nobody to depend on. In this situation, she didn't know who she could trust and who would call her crazy.

Maybe Isshin.

Isshin would understand her, right? But he's just another character in the game. Her heart whispered. Will he really sympathize with you? Well, it was probably worth a shot, she decided. And if it didn't work? Sachi remembered the Angel. 

Maybe Michael knew something.

No. She shook her head. This is crazy. Even she didn't believe herself. Maybe a breath of fresh air will help... Then she could just go back to sleep...

... and back to her little cuccoon of safety.

***

Third Person's POV

Isshin startled himself awake by falling of his bed. He groaned, sitting up. Glancing at the clock, he groaned again. 4 in the morning.

Such an ungodly hour.

Isshin, who was the type to not be able to go back to sleep after waking up, knew he was going to have to find something to do for the next three hours until breakfast. He remembered the rose garden in the front in which he had been enamoured by. For some reason, plants and flowers always distracted him (in a good way, of course).

Standing up, Isshin groggily headed out to the front gates, shuffling to the door. His roommate, also playboy, Izuku was out somewhere per usual. He just assumed it was a girl's room.

The soft, carpeted floor wriggled between Isshin's toes as he walked, barefooted, toward the front doors. Soft snores and rumbles filled the hallway like a piece of music. Isshin started humming the familiar tune of their dance project. Now that was insanity. Considering how hard Sachi trained Isshin, though, it was almost given he would hum it everywhere.

That was just how hard she drilled it into him.

Just thinking about it gave him the shivers. Sachi's demonic expression staring down at him, and himself motionless on the ground, void of any energy and strength. Or breath, for that matter.

He opened one of the large double doors, and almost jumped out of his skin in shock. 

"Sachi?!"

***

Third Person's POV

"Sachi?!"

Said female jumped in a start as well. "I-Isshin? What're you doing here?"

"I could ask the same of you." Isshin composed himself quickly, standing behind the door as if the door could protect him.

A moment of awkward silence passed.

"Mind if I sit..?" Without waiting for her permission, Isshin quickly closed the large door behind him and settled beside Sachi on the steps.

Another moment of awkward silence passed.

"Say, Isshin." Sachi finally broke the silence. Isshin turned to face her. "If you had another life, what would you be?"

He raised an eyebrow at the question, but gave it some genuine thought. "I would be.. a florist."

"A florist? That's unlikely."

"Right?" He shrugged. "But I just felt that was my calling. However much I like music, plants and flowers have always have that pull, you know?"

"Do you think you were a florist in your last life?"

"Probably." Isshin stared down at the grass and fallen flower petals that were quickly wilting. "I mean, my love for music comes mostly from my grandfather. If he wasn't there... I think I'd be a florist."

A third moment of awkward silence passed.

"What about you, then?" He turned the question on her. "What would you have been in your past life?"

"A musician." She answered without a hint of hesitation.

Isshin couldn't help it. He laughed slightly at her bold reply.

"What?" Sachi questioned, slightly offended. She crossed her arms disapproveingly.

"No, I just thought.. That's just like you." He grinned slightly. Her love for music showed in how hard he had been taught that dance. 

Sachi rolled her eyes but continued. "I would've been a musician for sure. I mean, I love music. There's not much to say there."

"I guess so.. " Isshin agreed. "But I guess we wouldn't have met if I didn't do music?"

"Probably not." She agreed. Pausing, she tucked her hair behind her ear as the warm night air ruffled through her scalp. "I'm thankful for that, though. Your a good friend."

"So are you." He smiled, albeit widely. Isshin thought that the word friend was such a peaceful word coming from her. "I guess I'm thankful for that, too."

The two smiled together, looking at each other and both feeling their burdens lifted just for a small moment.