Practice

a/n gonna make chapters longer now

After that incident, Sachi was sure she would have a hell of a time explaining how a random person got on the train but turns out, he was already on the list! For a different school. In fact, it was the school that came second the year before. However, they had been beaten by Barayura with around two hundred points, so it wasn't exactly something to be proud of.

Now Sachi was going to have a hell of a time explaining to the other school why a member of their team was suddenly on her own team. The an-Michael looked pretty eager to go back to his own team, but he couldn't say that to her out loud. God is god and god can pretty much hear anything that he says or does.

Or even thinks of doing.

"Ang- Michael-san, are you sure you want to do this?"

"I'm sure, kid. Let's do this."

"Right then, on one. Three, two-" Sachi opened the door, shoved the surprised Angel inside, and closed it immediately, smiling widely throughout the process. This wasn't exactly her problem if he wanted to do it.

She heard a muffled cry, something like, "I thought it was on one!!"

But it's not fun if we do it on one, angel-chan.

She ran off, ditching him to his destiny. "We're almost there, so we have a practice nowW HOLY SHIT ITS RIGHT NOW"

Well, she just hoped that nothing would go wrong at their first practice...

...or not.

---

Sachi's POV

I arrived at the training room quite quickly and didn't bother knocking when I walked in. Nobody noticed, of course. Everyone was way too busy fighting over the poor heroine.

Wait... Do I see some new faces here?

I take notice of two new guys; one with navy blue hair and the other with.. pink hair? Strange. Odd, as I've actually never seen a guy with pink hair as an otome game capturable character before... And then there were a bunch of faceless people that wouldn't be there anymore after tomorrow.

"Alright, everyone!" A loud voice booms out of nowhere. I jump, surprised. Well, I jumped on the spot.

The heroine jumped into someone's arms.

"This is the preliminary round-" wait, this wasn't a practice?! "-you will all be given a partner and you will be given ten minutes to practice your skills. Instruments are in the next room. Good luck!!" The voice came from speakers that were attached all around the room. "You'll be able to find your partner by numbers; one person in this room has the same birthday as you! Ten minutes start... now!!"

I could just see the stone faces cracking. 

It was silent for a moment, then... chaos. To find my partner... Err... I wish myself good luck with that.

---

Third person's POV

Sachi moved like an eel through the crowd, avoiding people with expert precision. However, there was a reason people parted for her. At the moment, she was just... pissed.

And she kind of radiated an aura that said... "Move. Out. Of. The. Way. Peasants."

"MARCH 29TH!! MARCH 29TH!!" She yelled, expecting a faceless person. Not anyone who had a name.

"HERE!! MARCH 29TH HERE!!" And she bumped into a midget.

"Right, let's get going." She grabbed the guy by his upper arm and they both ran toward the instrument room. Unlike the others that were panicking, the two musical prodigies knew almost exactly what to do.

"The person who's voice came on earlier... I think he's a type who likes explosive music."

"I agree. Electric guitar?"

"Yup. Vocal?"

"Definitely. But do you know how to put in harms?"

"That's basic; of course I do! Do you think we can put in a dance break?"

"But your carrying a guitar. And plus, we only have six minutes left. Maybe if we don't get cut."

Sachi lugged an amp while the shorty carried a guitar. They both knew there were speakers outside, so there were no need for them. The second they left, desperate people surged past them and into the instrument room, having finally come to their senses.

"He never did specify the type of performance we had to do, right?"

"... I guess not." 

The two set up the amp with precision, the shorty setting up the speakers while Sachi adjusted the amp. 

"Do you know 'Inclusion?'"

"That's way to basic. How about 'Tower of Ai?'"

"That'll require me to tear out my vocal cords and replace them with Hatsune Miku's. Let's go with Inclusion."

"Alright. Can you pull up the sheets on your phone?"

"Already got'cha. Here. Do you know the lyrics?"

"Who doesn't? I know most of the sheet, too. It's just a matter of how we're going to approach this... Does fast and decisive go well with you?"

"Perfect. Let's match the pitch." The midget strummed a D chord for Sachi, who responded with a steady match. "Great. Let's go with a D, 'cause I'm comfortable with that, too."

"You know all your parts, right?"

"Are we basically ready?"

"Let's go for a round 'cause we only have two minutes left."

"We can do this."

The tall girl and the short, curly-haired boy nodded to each other firmly before beginning immediately.

---

- extra -

Meanwhile, on the heroine's side.

"It's okay, Uta-kun, Ino-kun! We can do this!" Hime said enthusiastically. The three had been paired together. Typical.

Both males blushed. "R-right!"

And so the song of hopes and dreams and all fluffy things began.