The Game

I looked up and saw clones of Minato-sensei and Kakashi-sensei in their zombified form. Shikamaru immediately used his shadow clan technique to hold the creatures back for a while. "Go on. I'll come in a few seconds!" He shouted. Neji grabbed my hand as I absent-mindedly stared at the brave ninja.

"Let's go, Akame. He will survive!" The boy said. I nodded and ran forward. The forest grew thinner and thinner as we traveled farther.

"Deidara, where is the shop?" Naruto asked. The man in question just looked back once and pointed in front of him.

"We're here, un. Danna? Neji-kun? Go into the groups we had arranged before. If that Shika-boy doesn't arrive in five minutes, we're leaving without him," he expertly commanded. Gaara refused one thing.

"'Those in the ninja world who break rules are scums, that's true...but those who abandon their friends...are lower than scum' is what Kakashi-sensei used to say," the red-head reminded us. Deidara looked at him.

"Hm, you're right. Well, if we don't see anything that looks like a pineapple-" Sasuke and Kiba glared at him. "-Alright, if we don't see him, we'll tear down the forest to find him. Happy?" Everyone nodded.

His beloved best friend rubbed his shoulders. "Calm down, brat. The others are right." His opposite smiled.

"Alright danna, un." I smiled at their relationship and thought about my own. The only guy that I honestly had interest in was Neji. At times, I thought he liked me back. But then at other times, he seemed so cold and harsh. I don't know what to say...

~.~

A shout interrupted my thought. "Oi, guys! I'm here!" Shikamaru! Kiba ran to his best friend and hugged him.

"Alright, let's go!" Sasori ordered, impatiently. Neji followed him and choose his car: a comfortable Toyota©. Sasori grabbed a luxurious Bentley©. I followed my partner to his vehicle and hopped in. Naruto, Sasuke, and Deidara followed me. The pyromaniac began to give complex orders.

"Right. Left at that store. Now go to that cave and turn a 360. Wait, zombies are approaching. Turn around. TURN AROUND!" I covered my ears and glared at the boy.

"Really?" Sasuke looked up from a book that he was reading. Fifty Shades of Grey. I face-palmed. This wasn't exactly the best time to be reading such a lecherous book. I signaled Naruto to take the book away from him.

"Teme, I didn't really expect you to read this!" Neji scowled at him.

"Keep the commotion down! Akame, come and sit next to me. Deidara, give the instructions from the back!" I smiled and jumped into the front. The poor blonde groaned as I landed on him.

"Wait for me to leave, un!" He pushed me into Neji's lap and crawled to the back. Meanwhile, the two best friends behind us were having a kick out of discussing the events in that book.

"I love Ana!" The sunny one shouted. His friend just smirked.

"In case you didn't notice dobe, that was a surefire way to survive during a zombie apocalypse!" Naruto flipped the book open and saw that he had hidden a second book inside. Sheepishly, he apologized. "That's right. Bow to me-"

I interrupted his royal highness. "Sasuke, did you find any way to conquer this miserable thing?" The raven just shrugged.

"It said to find the nearest, uninvaded space and go there. Also, we need to have a good supply of food and other necessities." I nodded as I adjusted to my new space.

"So let's go to the lab, grab the scientists remaining, and travel to Kumo," I formed a plan. Neji and Deidara gave their consent.

Naruto grabbed my shoulder. "Akame, where was the lab that your father went to?" I pointed to a building.

"You see that tall building right there that's infected by a horde of zombies? That's it." Neji sighed and parked the vehicle.

"Will we risk our lives to save a few scientists?" Sasori in the other vehicle stopped his car and honked. Deidara gave the peace sign and his partner just put his head on the steering wheel, with irritation written all over his face. I rolled my eyes and turned to Neji.

"Do you have a phone? I can see if they are still alive." He nodded and handed me his I-Phone 7. I dialed my father's number. I knew he was in critical condition, but one of his comrades would surely pick the phone.

"Hello? Who is thisss? We are in the middle of an apocalypse. Don't call ssssssilly." I recognized the voice instantly.

"Orochimaru-san. Who's alive?" I sounded worried.

"Your father and I are the only ones remaining. We are in the infirmary. If you want to rescue ussss, hurry up!" With that, the man hung up. I sighed.

"So, are we going?" The impatient Uchiha asked.

"Let's go and save them."