Dad?

The man in front of me, or I hoped so, began to breathe heavily. I realized that he was crying. "A-Akame," he sobbed. I felt something in the corner of my eyes. A prickly feeling that only comes during extreme sadness...tears. I wiped my tears in the darkness and made my way forward.

"D-dad, how are you? Minato-sensei mentioned that you were ill," I said. He put his hands on my shoulder.

"I had a fever of 105 degrees Fahrenheit (40.5 in Celsius) when I last contacted Minato-kun. I recovered a few days ago, but the other scientists kept me in the infirmary just to see if I had any brain damage. Unfortunately, zombies found this place and began to climb in through the window. So...the others sacrificed themselves," he explained. I nodded my head, even though I knew he wouldn't see anything.

"Are we going to be talking in the dark forever or will we go down?" Sasori asked impatiently.

"Well, let me get my briefcase," Orochimaru-san announced before scurrying back. Once again, we were back to the silence. The first one to breach it was Neji and my dad.

"So Akame-" "Daughter-" I turned to them.

"Yes?"

"Sir, you can go first," Neji said.

"Thank you, son," he gladly accepted the honor. "Daughter, your mother...." I 'hn-ed' to tell him that I wanted to continue. "...we revived her....and she's being quarantined in Kumo..."

"..." I didn't know what to say. What could I say? The person that I thought died was alive because of science. Yet, I couldn't meet her since she was isolated from most of humanity. Was this considered good news or bad? This wasn't much different than the past.

"Are you happy?" My father asked with a bit of disappointment in his voice.

"I-I don't know," I replied. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"It's ok to feel conflicted," Neji comforted. I leaned into his touch.

"Thanks."

~.~

A few seconds later, the scientist popped out of the room with a flashlight. "Alright, let's leave from the back door!" He said before pointing towards a rusty old door. "But it's shut tight and can only be opened by dyna-"

"Katsu!" A massive gush of wind almost blew me off my feet. However, the detonating clay did the job. The impatient blonde smiled. "Behold: the greatest art has just been invented!"

"First of all, brat, that didn't make sense. Two, that is NOT true art. Real art is everlasting. Not fleeting!" Well, the artists finally got an excuse to fight. I face-palmed for a moment before taking off. Thanks to Dei, the stairs at the top also accidentally blew off. The nearest step was ten feet down.

"Guys, we're going to have to jump," Neji observed from behind me.

"I'll go first!" I said. Well, isn't this deja vu? I held my breath and jumped. Honestly, I was expecting for zombies to be underneath the stairs and try to eat my brains out. Or I was thinking the stairs would collapse under my weight. However, nothing like that happened. I signaled for the others to jump.

My dad went next. Then Neji. Orochimaru-san. Sasuke. Sasori. Naruto. And lastly, Deidara. I kept my katana in my left hand just in case something occurs. Yet, Shino's bugs seemed to wipe 'em out clean.

After descending a few more flights, we finally arrived at the ground. I looked around in precaution, but I didn't see anything suspicious.

"Ne, Akame's dad, when was the last time you contacted Kumo?" Naruto asked. My father stared at the ground and kicked a pebble.

"About a month ago..." I glanced at him. How would we be sure if Kumo was still safe, even if they had the virus? It seemed as if the others had the same thought.

"Well, Kumo has the best defense in the world, other than Suna, so we should go there," Sasori said.

"Well, I contacted Kiba and they're removing the camouflage," Neji said. I nodded and grabbed my dad's hands.

"Where are they?" The Uchiha asked. The Hyuga just pointed in front of us.

"They're right there. Turn on your sharingan." The boy obeyed and sighed.

"How could I not recognize their chakras'?" Sasuke said, his ego slightly deflated.

I didn't have any bloodline limits or any special skill passed down my family. However, I could see the boys in the cars crystal clear. Hm, perhaps that's my skill. Seeing camouflage? Eh, perhaps I'll find out in Kumo...