Surprise!

"The wheels on the bus go round and round...." The jinchūriki sang. I closed my ears. He had sung that same phrase over and over again for a while because he apparently did not know the real lyrics to the song.

I face-palmed and put my head on Neji's shoulders. The boy put his hands protectively on my shoulder and placed his head on mine. From across the van, my father checked to see that nothing inappropriate was going on with his Little Angel.

The others in the vehicle--consisting of Sasori, Deidara, and Sasuke--were trying to shut Naruto up with any means necessary. "Dobe, I'll buy you all the ramen in the world if you just be quiet for a half an hour!" Sasuke's voice was rising with each word. His partner flinched and shook his head, adamantly.

"Nope. Teme, even ramen can't convince me! The wheels-" he replied. I allowed myself to express a small smirk. This was getting interesting....

"Brat, I'll give you a free ride to wherever you want to go with my clay bird!" Deidara tried. The blonde, however, still refused.

"We're shinobi. Therefore, we can teleport," he answered smartly. The driver of the car, Sasori, sighed. It was his turn.

"Brat, I'll stop the car, kick you out, and allow the zombies to devour you if you don't shut up in five seconds," the red-head threatened. Naruto finally gave up his antics; or so we thought.

"Are we there yet?" Neji sighed.

"Akame, give me your katana. I need to do something," he said, irritated. I sighed and hugged him.

"Patience, my boy. Patience." He gave in to my words and relaxed.

"You're sounding like my mom." I whacked him on the head once and then Naruto.

"Naruto, stop taking all the attention!" He whined and sat back down with a pout on his face. Little did I know, Neji was smirking. My dad kept relaying what he did behind my back. I rolled my eyes. He was such a stalker, but for good reasons.

~.~

The heat in the world was unbearable. "Sasori, turn the A/C up," I commanded him. He shook his head.

"Sorry, Akame, but this is the max," he replied. I sighed and took off my blazer. Since the others were all guys, they took off their shirts. I didn't mind, really. It was too hot. The skies were a shade of red and the ground was rotten. There was no sign of life anywhere. And the stench was disgusting.

I stopped looking outside and closed my eyes. I was in my own world. A veil of light pierced through. Other than that, I was in my own world; it was a happy delusional universe. My parents were all happy and well. Neji and I were officially a couple *blush* and the others were all set up. There was no panic. Just love.

Then I opened my eyes. Everyone in front of me fought for our freedom from Madara. Now, we're fighting again against some creatures. Ugh, I wish there was a way to escape from this madness.

Kumo was only two minutes away. Perhaps that's where I would find the peace I've been searching for.

~.~

The cars finally approached the large gate. I sighed in relief as Naruto stopped asking, "Are we there yet~?" I pushed back some of my hair as we stopped at the metal object.

A guard appeared. "Hm, your humans. Are you dead?" We all pinched ourselves.

"Nope," Sasori stated. The guard looked.

"Are you sure?" The guy asked. "You're not hiding anything are you?" My father popped in the front window with his official badge.

"Am I enough to convince you?" The man nodded and opened the gate, even though he was glaring at us suspiciously. I stuck my tongue at him childishly as both vehicles entered the protected city.

A parking lot was in front of us. The sign above the spaces read, "All vehicles shall be parked here. People will enter this door where a professional will see if they pose as a threat. Then, we will administer the injection. After that, you are free to live in Kumo. However, once you enter, you are not allowed to leave." Huh, so this is it? The safest city/village in the world other than Suna?

Sasori and Orochimaru-san parked the cars and we got out. Dad opened the door and we all went in at once. However, once we saw the person on duty, everyone was shocked beyond a doubt.

"Sakura-chan? Hinata?"