Chapter 25

Okay, first and foremost, SORRY FOR THE SLOW UPDATE!!!!!!!!! Ahahaha, I has big plans for this chapter *strokes imaginary beard* I've been thinking about this for a while, and I think I should just get it over and done with and put it in this chapter rather than drag it out any longer. Got no idea what I'm on about?? You will soon, tehehe ^-^ Um, okay, bye!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat in class, tapping my pen on the table in a steady rhythm and bored out of my mind. The clock ticked loudly, echoing through the room. Mr. Sykes sat at the front of the room, slumped back in his chair, snoring and drooling slightly. I sighed. The shrill ringing of the lunch bell sounded through the corridor outside. I nearly cheered. Saved by the bell, literally. Everyone immediately jumped up and charged out of the door.

Dan caught up with me on my way to the cafeteria, and looped his arm around my waist. "God, I nearly died of boredom back there." He groaned.

"Huh, me too." I said.

He grinned mischievously. "Wanna ditch again?"

"Mmm, no," I said, giving him a stern look, "Some people want an education, you know. Don't you wanna go to college?"

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "College, schmollege."

"So mature." I replied sarcastically.

"Oh, shut up and go get your food." He grinned and shoved me playfully through the cafeteria doors.

I shook my head, smiling and joined the queue for food. I grabbed a soda, not feeling very hungry. Joining Dan at a table along with everyone else, I unscrewed the cap on the bottle and placed it on the table, but it slipped off the edge and landed on the floor. I ducked my head under the table and picked it up. When I looked back up Dan had my lemonade in his hand looking like he'd just taken a swig of it. He grinned, unashamed. He placed it back on the table in front of me. I smacked his hand.

"Buy your own next time." I said mock angry, before picking the bottle back up and taking a sip.

"Hey, guys!" Avery squealed suddenly, "Did you hear about..." I listened in on their gossip for a few minutes, with nothing better to do. After a while the bell rang again, signalling the beginning of next lesson. I got up, but was hit by a wave of vertigo. I sat back down again. It faded away though, but left me with a throbbing, pulsing headache.

"Ow." I whimpered, clutching my head.

"Adira? Babe? What's wrong?" I heard Dan's concerned voice in my ear. That just made the pain worse. I winced.

"Headache," I murmured, feeling woozy, "Dizzy, too. Not feeling too good."

"You wanna go home?" He murmured softly, stroking my hair.

I nodded, brushing him off when he tried to help me up. I wasn't some old lady.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." I said stubbornly, but he wasn't buying it.

"Come on, we gotta get you home." He said gently.

He took my hand and I let myself be towed through the emptying corridors, out into the parking lot. Suddenly, there was Zayden, blocking our path wearing a death glare on his face directed at Dan. Dan went to step around him, but Zayden grabbed his arm, yanking him back.

Dan shook him off, "Get the fuck off me! What's your problem?"

"My problem is the fact that you're taking Adira god knows where, in the middle of class without consent!"