Chapter 5 - They're Back

Dylan's POV ~

I didn't really want to leave her there. I couldn't actually believe I'd told her about the vision. Well the basics anyway. We had a complex friendship, it was probably best I didn't complicate things further. And besides Lauren wasn't your damsel-in-distress type. To be perfectly honest she was more of Avatar warrior, except her skin lacking the blue-likeness.

When I finally reached my apartment, a little way out of town. I snatched a half-eaten box Ritz off the counter and ran to the sofa carrying them as if they were a baby. After 11 pm I decided to text Lauren. I knew what I said shook her a little, she would never admit it though. That's the first thing you learn about Lauren she's stubborn as hell and claims to be scared of no one. But I know differently.

In the past she'd been in trouble with gangs, over drugs. She promised she would stop however I know differently. She ended up serving time in jail. I still don't know for certain if that knocked some sense into her. But she promised so I still have some hope that she did.

Kiel's sudden presents in the flat drew my attention away from Lauren. He lived here so I didn't know why I was so startled by him. Probably because he smelled of weed and was covered in blood. He reached out to me, I grabbed his hand. On it was a symbol, the Japanese symbol for betrayal. I felt as though I was being suffocated, they're back and after Lauren.

££££
AN/

Hey people what do you think so far, I know it's more action that Teen Novel-ish right now, but things are about to get complicate. This is just the tip of the iceberg my friends.
An don't forget to
Vote
Comment
Share
Fan
:)

-laura