Chapter 11 - The Panic Attack

Lauren's POV~

Pain surged through my back, from where Charlotte pushed me into the wall. I could feel blood pouring from the whip cuts which ran parallel to my spine. Why had I refused the mission the first time? I knew I would be forced into it-despite my strong will. It was suicide though. I was tasked with going to The Agency and breaking out Gustiv Caninchin. A mass murderer and leader of a terrorist group. He frequently used N.A.A's services. In fact, he was one of our main contractors.

Dylan was still carrying me, I don't know where the hell we were going. But he didn't stop running. Every footfall he made caused shock waves of pain to travel through my body. He kept glancing at me, I didn't try to hide my pain. The pain worsened an I felt weak. My whole body ached. I saw Dylan's apartment block. Then the world went black.

Dylan's POV~

I felt her head drop back, her weight seemed suddenly too heavy. I knew I was probably over-reacting, but I saw her being whipped and beaten. Even so she never screamed out or even flinched. I saw the pain in her eyes.

Opening my apartment, I dashed into my room. Placing Lauren down. She was still unconscious. No longer did I care she was one of them, another possession of the National Assassins Association, I just wanted her to be ok. I settled down sitting next to each other, moving a strand of her blonde hair out of her face. Her face suddenly contracted, and she squirmed. Before yelling and starting to hyperventilate. Her eyes snapped open, I clutched her to my chest, letting her sob. "Shh calm down, tell me what happened". She told me. My heart dropped like a stone. "They want you to do what?! That's a suicide mission. It's impossible" I yelled, and she instantly started to sob again, slumping into my chest.
"I know it's impossible, that's why I'm freaking out. They have already set the punishment. They said if I failed then they will kidnap Charlotte, beat you and kill me" She spoke into my chest. I tensed before asking.
"What did you black out in the lobby of the Agency?" She explained about the note. I was angry she hadn't asked me first, but deep down I knew she made the right decision. I wouldn't survive their ways, she had the slightest chance of coming away alive and stronger than ever. Within the office I saw just how much they wanted her back, it was clear when The Boss didn't retaliate about her attack. Not even I was harmed that badly in the scheme of things. A few beatings for not abiding N.A.A regulations or following their commands to leave the premises without Lauren.

****
AN/
Aw Dylan is looking after her, but knows she's strong. Sweet or what?! Awwwwww sorry. What's gonna happen next?
Vote
Comment
Share
Fan

:)

-Laura