Chapter 6 - Hidden motives

Lauren's POV ~

As I threw my backpack over one shoulder and made my out of the Agency I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I stopped an frowned, 5 missed calls as well as 2 texts from Dylan. What was his problem? I simply discarded it until later, throwing my phone into my bag.

That was when I heard it. A siren, someone had escaped. My phone began to buzz again, this time an unknown number.

I picked up the phone, a cold voice I remembered so well was on the other end of the line. It sent shivers down my spine. Images flashed across my mind, memories I'd been trying to calm the continual flashbacks. The phone went dead, they were back. I swallowed, my mouth suddenly extremely dry. How was it possible? I needed air. I ran to the door and was knocked backward. My vision blurred an I blacked out.

Dylan's POV~

She knew. I lent down to pick her up, gaining a few odd looks but no one commented. I lifted her, carrying her bridal style to the car and lay her down on the backseat. She looked so scarred, almost as terrified as the night she told me about the gangs and drugs. An I could hardly believe we were going to get caught up in this again.

We both swore we would never go back to those lives, we had changed. But behind all Lauren's fake laughs and smiles I could tell she was still hurting. What they did was abysmal, and those events would only keep repeating until she re-joined. However even behind all of that you could see the evil. It was almost as if it was a creature living inside of her, writhing to get out. You could see it in her eyes. She had the intense eyes, skill and power to become one of them. We avoided it last time. We pulled through. But this time I sensed things would be different.

****

AN/

Hey, sorry for the short chapters, I like cliffhangers.

Vote

Comment

Share

Fan

-Laura