Chapter 16 - Its My Time

At that moment I just wanted to die, just to drop to the floor. An die. I smacked my head against the wall-yeah bad idea. Pain ripped down my spine. "it's complicated, okay?" I enclosed my head in my hands.
"No it's not, I've got all day. Spill" Charlotte carried on trying to get me to talk for what seemed like eternity. In the end I run off down an alleyway, sounds childish I know. But I just needed a break. Taking my phone out of my pocket I realised the time. It was 5:00 pm, 8 hours left.

I went home, got changed and decided to see if the Agency had been returned to its original state. They had taken me in and not judged me, even though back then I was a screw up. Walking back up the lane, a lump formed in my throat. The blood and bodies were gone, but glass still lay scattered across the road. Stepping inside I headed to the barracks.

"Don't move." Elliot's voice echoed in the empty corridors. "This place was the only thing I had left, the only people who I cared about and cared for me." I slowly turned to face him, his eyes were wild. He looked like he was insane. Cold steel was placed against my temple. His face twisted into an ugly smirk, as he searched my eyes for fear. "You used us all along, I should have known. I can't believe I trusted you"
"I'm sorry, but i didn't have a choice. Elliot, you have to believe me. With or without me this still would have happened" I tried to keep my voice steady. But I couldn't help its shakiness. I'd never really spoken to Elliot before, I knew his story though. Everyone did. He was an orphan, when his last remaining family member died, he couldn't take it. He was sent to a Psychiatric Hospital. After he was discharged The Agency took him in, made him feel wanted again. He realised that he wasn't on his own anymore...an I'd helped take that away from him. He removed the gun from my temple, before placing it against his.

His last words were "it's my time"