Chapter 13 - The Meeting

Regaining my composure, I took a seat at the island, in the middle of Dylan's kitchen. Placing down my phone and resting back. Dylan slid a plate full of steaks to me. No longer worrying about manners I dug into my food. He rolled his eyes at me.
Then came the question "Why did you sign the contract so easily, I know you, you never give in?"
"I don't want to talk about it." I said through gritted teeth. I don't know why that got me so angry. It wasn't as if I didn't have a justified reason. I did it so he wouldn't get hurt, I could survive in this game, possibly. Standing up I left the kitchen leaving my steaks, I no longer felt like eating. Walking back to Dylan's bedroom I got changed. The mission loomed above me, like an unfallen axe. I needed to get it over with. As soon as possible.

Leaving the apartment I wasn't questioned further. Walking down the street the wind bit at my exposed arms. Why hadn't I bought a jacket?

When I arrived it The Agency looked ghostly, no one was around. Something was wrong. The Agency was always crowded. Shivers snaked down my spine as I pulled open the steel frames glass doors. A coloured liquid coated my hand. Blood. Wiping it on the wall I continued into the building. Bodies slumped up against the walls. I carried on walking. Silence. I felt suffocated. Then a metallic clicking, my eyes strayed looking for the source. A mini explosion made plaster shatter off the walls. I needed to get out of there. A yell caught my attention, Tom was trapped under one of the cafeterias metal doors. I ran to him and tried lifting it off of him.
"Get up" A gun was pressed into the base of my neck. "Get. Up" Gustiv was getting impatient. I did as I was told. "Turn" I hated being told what to do but even I knew it wasn't wise to mess with Gustiv. "Well aren't you pretty, you The Ghost?" At precisely that second I got a text. Gustiv nodded, giving me permission to look.

'You are the ghost'

Looking back at Gustiv I nodded.

****
AN/
So Lauren is now declared the Ghost. Why was she assigned this mission if Gustiv had already escaped? read on to find out.

Vote

Comment

Share

Fan

:)

-Laura