Chapter 19 - The Darkness

Waiting for a couple of minutes I let out a deep breath. Cradling the brown envelope like it was a baby. Dylan's arms wrapped around my waist, he rested his chin in my head. "How did you find me?"
"Kiel saw you waiting for the 54A." By this point his head was placed on my shoulder.
"Stalker much" Sliding the envelope under my hoodie I looped my arm through Dylan's. The station clock made me aware that over half an hour had passed.

The walk back to Dylan's was silent, but not uncomfortably so. Along the way a group of thugs called out to me, only causing Dylan to pull me closer to him. Why was he over protective all of a sudden?

The apartment was in pitch darkness. The only light streamed from the window, but it only illuminated a couple of feet. The smell of gun powder filled my nose. And a pair of hallowed yellow eyes shone out from the darkness. I closed my eyes, shaking my head. I knew those eyes too well, the smell to well. But he was dead. Or so everyone thought.

*Flashback*

"I hope you understand who you're dealing with Parker. You haven't even scratched the surface of what we can do. How you manage to sleep at night, knowing you've betrayed everyone who ever cared about you" He let out a humorless laugh, taunting me. Before lunging at me. Smacking my head against the multi-storey car parks wall, holding me above the ground. I struggled. Lashing out.

*Normal*

Someone grabbed me for behind, shoving a cloth over my nose and mouth. "Once a traitor always a traitor" Was the last thing I heard, before everything turned black.