Chapter 15 - Spill It

Arriving at her doorstep I heard shouting from within. As I turned to leave Charlotte stepped out onto the porch, looking at me like I was an alien or something. "Wanna go to the Mall?" A smile broke onto her face. While we walked we chatted about random stuff, before I dragged her into an off-licence to get Monster Ripper. You can't go shopping without monster. Charlotte was wearing her pink shorts with a white nerd print t shirt. I wore my black high-waisted shorts, with my Indian print top. I felt comfortable dressed like it. We got multiple stares walking down the street.

Walking into The Mall India ran up to us. Talking really fast and freaking out a little. Right scratch that a LOT. Whatever it was it had obviously made her day. She hugged Charlotte then ran off again. Shaking my head, we began shopping. I made a dash straight to New Look. Before I reached the sale rail, I ran into someone - again. Looking up I saw my reflection in Dylan's blue eyes. I raised an eyebrow at him, an he gestured a piece of paper sticking out of his pocket. Nodding I left the store, I come here to escape the N.A.As grasp. Would I ever be able to go back to my normal life? Remembering the envelope, I stopped to tear it open. £500 lay within it in £50 notes. Walking back out of the entrance I sat on the wall, lit a cigarette. I needed to relax. But a pounding thought wouldn't leave my mind. 'Slip up, slit throat'
A lump formed in my throat. Taking a deep drag I rested back against a wall, closing my eyes. Trying to shut the thought out. But it remained, rattling around my brain. Like a pea in a cookie jar. Taking my phone out of my pocket I sent Charlotte a text. 'not feeling too well sorry mate, I think it's best I go home' At exactly the same moment i sent send, Charlotte appeared beside me.
"You're not fooling me that easily, spill it" Charlotte said, with a smile on her face but a stern look in her eyes.

****
AN/
Ooh will Lauren tell her what's going on what's gonna happen if she does? Things are about to get serious. An what's gonna happen at Taskmore Station?

Vote
Comment

-Laura