Interviews and Stunts

So basically I was watching freddieismyqueen videos on youtube and after watching the one attached (^^^) I felt compelled to write something on it. 

This was one of the first Larry oneshots I wrote so go easy on me lol, tell me your thoughts! :)

****

After what felt like ages, Gita finally asked the last question, and after promptly thanking their fans once again, the interview came to a close- much to all the boys' relief. 

Gita gave them all a handshake, before standing up and beginning to pack up her notes and fold the chairs. Louis- who had put his face in his hands the moment the camera had stopped recording- didn't even notice he was the only one still sitting until he felt a hand on his shoulder.

Looking up, he was met with Liam's concerned face staring down at him, "You alright, mate?"

"No," Louis thought bitterly. That was the exact opposite of what he was. There was no way in hell he'd be able to do another interview the next day, let alone pretend to be happy on his "date" with Eleanor tomorrow. The lad had barely been able to control his emotions today, and he knew the fans wouldn't be fooled, they'd know something was off by his behavior.

But what could he do? Management practically owned all of the boys, and not obeying could ruin the band. And because this included Harry, of course Louis went along with it. Sighing, he only shrugged in response to Liam's question. It was hardly an answer, but Liam seemed to understand and pulled Louis off the chair. 

"I know you're tired of hearing this, but it'll be fine, yeah?" he placed a hand on the older boys' shoulder. "Both of you will be fine."

Louis looked down, and internally winced at how weak and quiet his voices sounded, "Yeah, I know." He was never quiet; he always made sure to put on the loud and funny facade to please the fans and not rise any suspicions.

Liam could feel his own heart clenching at how scared and... vulnerable his bandmate looked, and slung his arm over his shoulder, "Louis, I need you to listen to me alright?"

He began to lead the older boy out of the interviewing room as he continued to speak, "I promise when I tell you this: It will work out in the end. I get it's hard to tell at the moment, and it seems unlikely. But that's because the hopeless seeming present is all you can see- all you can dwell upon. I remember when I first tried out for X-Factor. After being voted out of the house, I didn't even contemplate coming back until a short while later, because the only thoughts running through my mind were, 'I didn't make it. I can't go through that again.'  But lookie here, two years later I tried again and now here I am, living my dream with the best group of lads I'd ever met."

With a dry chuckle, Liam continued, "Sorry, I didn't mean to make this all about me, but my point was plain. Right now seems hopeless, but given time it will work out. And Louis, I hate seeing you give up on you and Harry's relationship because the present is hard. Because I'd be damned, I swear no two people have ever belonged more together. And hell, I have a girlfriend."

"Did Liam Payne just swear?" Louis teased. "Twice?"

Liam rolled his eyes, "I seriously just talked for like five minutes, and that's all you have to say?"

"No," Louis answered, all seriousness back. "Thank you. And I mean it. I think that's what I needed."

Smiling, Liam said, "The other lads are waiting outside. Ready to go?"

The other boy nodded. Smirking slightly, he stated, "You know, I never really noticed how much the nickname Daddy Direction fit you. Not gonna lie, I feel enforced to change a few things when I return home-"