Popular!Louis/Nerdy!Harry

How do you all like the new cover? Thanks to all of you who voted and helped me decide which one to use. 

Sorry it's been ages since the last update, I was trying to update but it seemed like school was literally handing me test after test and I was doing so much homework I couldn't find any time :( 

Important/Quick note before reading this- This is what one might call a MarcelxLouis fic, except for the fact that instead of using the name Marcel, Harry is simply Harry. Do you understand what I am getting at? Basically just imagine him as Marcel in the Best Song Ever video but he still has his real name. Honestly, these kinds of fics are the absolute cutest to read, so I really hope mine doesn't turn out too badly.

Please leave a comment :)

When Louis Tomlinson began dating Harry Styles, it almost seemed to effect the entire school more than it did themselves.

Louis was the star footie player of the school, thus making him popular by default and the entire school practically falling in love with him.

Harry, well, he was the opposite. He couldn't kick a ball to save his life, no. And instead of gossiping with his friends (no, he was not friendless mind you) or going out to party, he'd prefer to simply spend his time reading. And when he wasn't doing this, he was studying- straight A's and a high GPA didn't earn themselves.

So, it came as a huge shock to everyone- including themselves really- when Louis had approached the cardigan-wearing lad and asked him out.

Harry's best friend, Niall, had a long-standing crush on one of the footie players and had managed to force Harry out to one of the team's games.

And well, considering the fact he had no plans whatsoever, Harry had no reason to protest.

It was after the game when it happened. Niall was quick to drag Harry over to congratulate the team on their win and Niall was currently chatting it up with a nameless brunette player of the team- Harry would learn later his name was 'Liam,' and he was Louis' best friend- while Harry simply shuffled his feet gracelessly, avoiding the questioning eyes of the other players. He was beginning to regret giving in to Niall's offer of accompanying him.

And that was when Louis had approached him, all bright and cheery and smiley. It was clear he was experiencing some sort of rush from the game he had just won, and this only seemed to make the lad glow.

He started up a quick conversation with him, and Harry- being the awkward boy he was- could with short one-word answers and try deflecting eye contact the best he could. Louis, ever the social butterfly, insisted on Harry and Niall joining the after-party with the team. And okay, Harry almost fell in shock at that. He would understand why Niall might be invited- he was Niall for goodness sakes- but him? Loner, nerdy Harry Styles? No way. He was lucky Niall had overheard and accepted the invitation, considering Harry was speechless and that would have only led to him humiliating himself (it wouldn't have been the first time).

It was also embarrassing for Harry to look back and think about how he had barely left Louis' side the whole night, and even more so when he took note on how Louis  most likely did not want to spend the entire party hanging around a nerd like Harry.

But, in the days following that night Louis didn't seem irritated or annoyed, so Harry took that as a good sign. 

He was surprised to say the least when Louis actually wanted to spend more time with him, and to be completely honest, a bit hesitant. There was no reason for him to want to be friends Harry- he was Harry for fucks sake- but Harry couldn't resist Louis' offer of friendship for long. Louis was much too persistent and simply lovely for him to even try.