Sweet Creature

Hi guys! So I really wanted to do a fluffy little oneshot on Sweet Creature (Because we know that song screams Larry) so here it is. It turned out better than I thought, but I am still unsure about it.

The attached link is a video of Home/Sweet Creature mixed in with Larry moments....very cute indeed.

Sorry for any mistakes this has, and please leave a comment! :)

"Hey, Lou babe, can you come here for a minute?" Harry called to Louis from where he was lounging in their bedroom.

"Yeah, one sec," he heard the soft footsteps of his boyfriend and felt the bed dip next to him as a warm body snuggled next to his. "Haz?"

"I, um, well," Harry bit his lip, suddenly nervous of what he was about to do.

"Spit it out, love," Louis said and softly stroked his  knuckles against the palm of Harry's hand.

Sighing, Harry gave Louis a small smile and opened and closed his mouth, unsure of how to phrase what he was about to say. "I, erm, wrote a song about you. For you, actually."

Louis raised his eyebrows and nodded, motioning for him to continue. It wasn't unusual for them to write songs about each other- hell, practically every song they wrote was about the other- but he could tell Harry had something more to say.

"And, well," Harry continued. "It's a bit more, obvious, about what it is about. More clear? And like, I don't want this to make you feel uncomfortable by releasing it to the public or anything. More rumors will rise up, and even though we are so close to ending all this, I don't want the stunts to increase or anything. So like, I wanted to have you listen to it a bit, and you could help me make the decision with me?"

Despite not saying anything himself, Louis had to take a deep breath after Harry's ramble was finished. He glanced at him and smiled, "Of course, Haz. Come on, let me hear it." His words were gentle, and Harry felt a bit more confident.

Not bothering to struggle with the cords and notes he would need to play on the guitar, Harry turned his written lyrics over on his lap, deciding to sing it without any music in the background.

Sweet Creature

Had another talk about where it's going wrong

But we're still young

We don't know where we're going

But we know where we belong

Louis cuddled into Harry's side as he sang, resting his head on his shoulder. Harry smiled and laced their fingers together.

No we started

Two hearts in one home

It's hard when we argue

We're both stubborn, I know

But oh

Harry ran his fingers up and down Louis' spine, loving the way the simple touch omitted shivers from the older boy.

Sweet Creature, sweet creature

Wherever I go

You bring me home

Sweet creature, sweet creature

When run out of rope

You bring me home

After singing the last few notes, Harry looked up and made eye contact with his lover, obviously nervous. "So yeah, there it is....what do you think?"

There was a few seconds of silence, before Louis quietly spoke, "I love you. So, so much, Harry."

"Uh, Lou-?"

Louis shushed him gently, "Like, wow, Hazza. There are these moments where it hits me just now much you mean to me- not that I don't always know of course. And there is that overwhelming feeling in your chest and you have no idea how to explain it but you just know, that this, yeah, nothing will ever feel as strong. And fuck- sorry, didn't mean to swear, love - I am not really as good with my words as you are but I hope it's obvious just how much I love you and the song."

He gave him a fond smile, and squeezed his hand, "And to think that you return my exact feelings and were able to put it in a song, just makes me so unbelievably happy. And yeah, I don't want you to be nervous about releasing this song, because in all honestly, I really want you to." He turned a bit pink before continuing, "Makes me feel a sense of pride knowing it is about me."

Harry smiled fondly and teasingly asked, "Who else would it be about?"

Louis appeared to be thinking, "Gemma?"

Harry chuckled and moved to cuddle him completely in his arms, "Yeah...no. I love her and all but I choose to write love songs about my cute, little boyfriend whom is my favorite person in the world and not promote incest." He smiled at hearing  Louis' giggle.

"Harry?" He asked after a bit of time spent with no words spoken.

"Yeah, love?" He moved slightly and nuzzled his face into the feathery hair of his boyfriend, pressing a soft kiss against his head.

"Is everything in that song really what you think about me?" Louis shook his head. "Because I don't see me as sweet at all."

"That's where you're wrong, my love." Harry seemed to be choosing his words carefully, "It's really just the small, little things about you that  would make  notice it more. Like the way you always crinkle your nose cutely when you are confused about something, or you always have to stand on your tip-toes to reach basically anything in the kitchen. Whenever I wake up and see you sleeping next to me, always looking so  peaceful and soft . The way you always look so much smaller when wearing my sweaters, but still insist on wearing them anyway. Or when I can barely even squeeze your skin but you will jump back with a shriek and fit of giggles.  How you always throw your head back in laughter whenever I say something stupid, or even after all these years you still seem to get so shy and blushy every time I compliment you- see, like now," he reached out and softly stroked his now blush-dusted cheekbones. "The sweet, meanginless seeming moments that mean so much to me."

He pressed their lips together in a soft and slow kiss, grasping onto Louis like he was the most important being in the world. Which, yeah, he was, to Harry at least. Upon pulling away, he whispered, "And it all just piled together and made sense. You are nothing short of a sweet creature, Lou. My sweet creature."

Harry half expected Louis to roll his eyes at how sappy the statement was, but instead the boy smiled brightly, and had a few tears swimming in his eyes. Without a warning, he jumped at Harry and kissed him, hard. Separating, he spoke sincerely, "This is going to sound so stupid, but thank you for choosing to love me, Harry. I don't know how I managed to get so lucky."

Harry shook his head, "Falling in love with you wasn't a choice, Lou. It just happened, an automatic response to you just being you. I had no choice but to act upon those feelings and show you whatever chance I get. And it always seems impossible, but each day I seem to fall deeper and deeper for you."

This time Louis did roll his eyes, but hugged him tightly anyways, obviously happy.

And once more, for good measure, Harry softly whispered into his ear, "I love you, Lou. My sweet creature."

A/N

Louis is a sweet creature.

Please leave any comments or requests for more oneshots you may have!

All the love, L