Chapter 5- What Just Happened? (edited chapter)

After hanging out with Olivia and the rest of Liam’s friends on Monday, I had managed to avoid confrontation with Liam at all costs. Well, everything except for the evil looks he openly gave me while in class. I still talked to Olivia and the others though, we were getting along great, but even though we were becoming friends I still ate lunch with Amanda, Sophie and Lexi. I was not comfortable being around Liam, especially after what happened on Monday at his house. I was still thinking about that kiss we shared. 

During lunch on Tuesday, Amanda and the girls went to town asking me twenty-one questions. I guess it had been the talk of the school that the new girl had become buddy buddy with the celebrities of the academy. It seemed that becoming friends with Olivia and Emma's group was rare just like I had thought. 

To cut off their nosy questioning, I answered simply saying that they were extremely cool and easy going. It was obvious that Amanda wanted more details, but she settle for my simple explanation when I had made it clear that I was not going to say anymore. 

The rest of the week went just as easily, and I was thankful for that. Olivia had not asked me to come hang out with them anymore since what happened at the end of the night on Monday, and by the end of the week, I had not changed my opinion that much on the new city I was living in, but I was becoming comfortable with the thought of maybe one day liking Seattle. I was slowly but surely warming up to Seattle, and I think my parents had noticed. 

It was Friday now, the end of the school week and I had just entered the school's student parking lot. Finding a parking spot, I parked and got out of my car. On my way to enter the building I glanced over at Olivia and her friends, they were all talking and laughing freely as they usually did.

Just then Olivia spotted me and motioned for me to come over. Stopping in front of Olivia and her group, I greeted them all, "Hey guys, what's up?" I asked, and they all greeted me as well, "Hey Kyla, we were just talking about you. Seeing as it's the start of the weekend, we were wondering if you wanted to come hang with us again later," Olivia said looking at me expectantly. 

"What are you guys doing tonight?" I asked back while discreetly looking for Liam and saw he was leaning against his car talking quietly to one of the guys. 

"It's nothing big, we're just having a movie night at Liam's. We do it at least once a month it's like a tradition. So you in?" she said, and I thought it for a minute and decided it sounded fun.
"Yeah sure, I'm free tonight," Looking towards Liam again, I stepped a little closer to her and whispered so only she could hear, "This is okay, right? I mean I'm not going to get kicked out, or anything by mister bipolar will I?" I said and stepped back to my previous spot. 

Olivia softly giggled, and I quickly looked around at the rest of them. They all were either grinning or trying not to laugh. I started to panic thinking that maybe I was not as quiet as I had thought and chanced a glance at Liam once more to see if he had heard me. 

He had turned to look at me then and a glare took over his face. I took a step back when I saw that look. It seemed to satisfied him tremendously because his mean glare transformed into a smug smirk when he saw my reaction. 

Quickly looking away I gave Olivia an unsure expression, "Look maybe I can come along another time, I don't want to -" I had began to say, but to my surprise Liam cut me off. 

Pushing himself off of the car, he walked up to where I was standing. Still with his smug smirk claiming his face he started to speak, "Don't be stupid new girl, I don't mind if you come along... It’ll be fun," he said before walking towards the school, but I had sworn I heard him say something that sounded like, "Just what I need" as he started to walk away, but I could not be too sure so I dismissed it and turned back to Olivia.