Chapter 19- Answers part 3 (edited chapter)

Getting to school the next morning, I was incredibly tired. I had stayed up all night thinking about Liam and about what Christian said yesterday night. I could not shake the feeling that Christian knew more than he was letting on and I wanted to find out just what it was he knew.

It is now the beginning of second period, and I was getting impatient. I had not seen Liam or even Olivia and the rest of them all morning. What was making me even more frustrated was the fact that I had not seen Christian all morning either. It was like they all decided to skip school together or something.

Looking at the clock above the teachers desk, I saw I only had ten more minutes left until class would end and then I would be able to look for Christian. He had to be here today, but if he was not I would just find my answers without his help.

The bell went off just then, and I jump up in a rush wanting to leave and start on my mission as soon as possible. Once I was in the hall, I hurried to my locker to deposit my books from my previous class before hustling back down the senior hall. 

Right when I was starting to descend the stairs Amanda came to a stop in front of me with Sophie and Lexi flanking her, “Hey Kyla the girls and I have been looking for you all morning. You left first period in a rush and I didn’t get to talk to you. We heard about you and the new guy and how Liam was acting all possessive yesterday after school. I told you Liam had a thing for you; I think you should definitely let the new guy take you to the spring dance. Maybe it will get Liam to finally man up and tell you how he really feels about you,” Amanda said, Sophie and Lexi nodding their heads in agreements as she did so.

I looked at them confused for a minute until I remembered exactly what she was talking about. I had totally forgotten about the dance in all the drama with Liam. Amanda must have notice that as well because all of a sudden she was pointing an accusing finger my way.

“You forgot about it didn’t you?” She said, and I was about to answer when she cut me off and continued.

“Kyla how are we supposed to go to the spring dance together as a group if you don’t have a date. What could you possibly be doing to make you forget about it anyway?” She said, but I had tuned her out when I saw who was walking past the bottom of the stairs behind her.

I saw Gavin, and he looked to be in a hurry, not wanting to lose this opportunity to get some answers I told Amanda and the girls I would see them later before rushing after Gavin.

I made sure to keep a real good distance just to be sure he would not sense me behind him. Gavin turned into an empty hall leading to the auditorium. I waited until he had gone inside the auditorium doors before following after him again. Once I was inside I quietly made my way up the entry hall, and peaked around the side of the wall that separated the rest of the room, to see if I could spot him. Looking around the dimly lit room, I finally spotted him over by the stage, but he was not alone. Sitting around him was Olivia and the others along with Christian which had me a little surprised.

Looking at them, I wondered what they were doing in the auditorium of the school and why I still did not see Liam anywhere in sight. I did not get to dwell on my thoughts for much longer because suddenly I felt someone breathing down my neck making me jump in surprise.

Turning around I came face to face with Aidan who was ginning from ear to ear at me, “I hope you didn’t think you were actually being sneaky. We knew you were here the whole time. Gavin said you were following him when he got here,” Aidan said smugly as he stepped back to give me some space.

Looking at Aidan curiously I asked, “What are you guys doing in here and where’s Liam and why is Christian here, I thought you guys didn’t know him?” I started ranting out all the questions that were bubbling inside my head at the moment.

Aidan held up a finger gesturing for me to stop talking and so I did. He then began to walk back to the others and gestured for me to follow him. Everyone was staring at me with a serious expression making me a little worried and even more curious.

As soon as I came to a stop in front of all of them, Ian started to speak, “Liam isn’t here because... his parents are back in town,” he said carefully like Liam’s parents being back in town was supposed to mean something to me, I didn’t even know his parents were gone.

I gave Ian a confused look, “Okay, why would he have to stay at home just because their back in town? If he’s trying to avoid me because of yesterday then just say so,” I said a little annoyed.

That is when Emma and Olivia stood up and walked over to me quickly, “It’s not like that at all Kyla; there’s a reason why he’s with his parents,” Emma said first before glancing at Olivia to finish.

I looked at Olivia as well expectantly waiting for her to make what everyone was saying clear.

“Kyla his parents are back in town because they heard Liam has a mate, and they want to meet his mate... meaning you...”