Chapter 15- The Two Most Unexpected Words part 2 (edited chapter)

The girls and my conversation ended about thirty minutes before the bell was to ring. They had all agreed to meet me at my house after school, but they would be a little late because they would have to make sure Liam did not suspect anything.

The girls left the bathroom after all the details were figured out, and left me to my thoughts for the rest of the lunch period. Not feeling the need to eat any longer, I texted Amanda telling her I was going to the library to study until my next class.

Getting to the library, I found a vacant area in the back of the room and sat myself down in one of the empty seats. Leaning my head back against the wall that the seat, I was sitting in, was on, I silently prayed that whatever Olivia, Emma, and Ava had planned would work as I waited for the bell to sound.

When the bell for next period to begin finally did sound, I reluctantly exited the library and began to walk to my next class.

To say I was a little nervous about being in a class with Liam was an understatement. The conversation Liam and I had out in the parking lot earlier had me dreading to be in the same room as him. His words were still attacking my mind and the thought that he still would try to get what he needed from me, even after saying he did not want me, made my nervousness turn to anger.

When I arrived in front of the opened class door, I stopped and let a few people go in before me. I just wasn’t ready to see Liam just yet. After a minute or two, I finally went in and looked around for an empty seat. I realized very quickly that I only had two choices, and they were the same choices I have had every day in this class. I would either sit next to Olivia, which would have me in front of Liam, or I could sit behind Liam, which would have me beside Aidan. 

Not wanting to sit beside Aidan, I decided to sit in front of Liam, like I have been doing. I would rather not be able to see him, then to have to stare at the back of his head the whole class.

While walking to my seat, the bell for class to begin sounded and as I took my seat the teacher started his lecture.

All through class I, like every other day in this class, could not concentrate. Knowing that Liam was right behind me, only a desk away, had me hyper aware of everything. Every move or sound he made had me in a nervous frenzy.

Every time he spoke up in class his voice, even though I wished it did not, would send pleasant shivers down my spine. Even though, I could not stand Liam, my body could not get enough of him, and this fact had me more angry than ever.

I could not control how my body reacted to him, and I knew Liam knew that, as well.

By the time last period rolled around, I had been losing my mind. When I saw Liam in the halls as I was going to my locker before last period he was giving me this taunting smile and he even made a point to brush as close to me as possible without actually touching me and it has been driving me insane.

Stepping into drama, I made it my business to sit nowhere near the back of the class. For one thing, I did not want to see or even be around Liam and for another, sitting next to Olivia voluntarily would probably make Liam suspicious.

When class began, the drama teacher walked on stage and got everyone's attention, “Alright everyone, today we are going to do an exercise. The lesson today is about digging deep within yourself and pulling out various emotions, no matter if its anger, sadness or even just plain old happiness. I am going to put everyone into groups of two and I will give each of you a small paper with a description of the character that you will have to portray. You and your partner will have only half the period to come up with a five minute scene and then everyone will have a chance to come on stage and show it to the rest of the class,” The teacher said before assigning everyone a character.