Chapter 26- Desperate part 2 (edited chapter)

I placed my hand in my pocket and pulled out the small gold pendant that Liam had given me before he left. I had placed it inside my pocket a little while ago when I was sitting on the front steps. I ran my thumb over the rose that was engraved in the center, this pendant was beautiful, but also heartbreaking to look at. It was just so hard to look at because it symbolized something I was not allowed to have and, for some reason, it made me feel like Liam, and I were over for good and I was not willing to believe that.

In a way, I was grateful I had a piece of Liam, and I was grateful for what this pendant truly meant. That I was Liam’s true soul mate, his only.

Pulling myself together I tried to push my sadness aside. I needed to concentrate on my mission now. I needed to come up with a plan to get Liam back and wallowing in my pain was not going to give me what I wanted. There was no time for feeling sorry for myself anymore; I would have to act fast if I had any chance of succeeding. 

Walking back into the house, I immediately went towards the family room where Liam and I had talked before his departure. I needed to retrieve my phone, I had not checked it since early this morning, and I wanted to see if Amanda had text me back yet.

When I got to the family room, I spotted my phone on the table. As I picked it up from its place I noticed that I in deed had a missed message, but not from Amanda instead it was from my mother.

Curious as to what my mother could have wanted and slightly worried that she found out about my absence from school today, I quickly dialed my voicemail and listened to her message.

To my surprise the message had nothing to do with my absence from school at all, but what it was about had me instantly going into a panic. The message said that right after school I was to come straight home. It seemed there has been a family emergency involving my grandmother and my parents have decided to go back to Sacramento to offer there help.

The awful part was that she made it terribly clear that I was to go along with them. This messed with my plans to get Liam back tremendously and was the reason for my current panic state.

I could not go out of town for who knows how long, I needed to stay in Seattle. How was I going to get Liam back all the way from Sacramento? Whatever the emergency was could not have come at a worse time. 

Thinking fast, I decided to call my mom and try and talk her out of going this weekend. I had no idea what I was going to say, but I needed to do something. I couldn’t leave right now; I had to stay. The only way I was leaving Seattle is if I found the location where Liam’s parents had taken him.

After dialing my mothers number, I placed the phone to my ear and waited for her to pick up as I pace the length of the family room floor. While trying to think of a good explanation as to why I should not have to leave with my parents, Christian appeared at the entry of the family room.

“What’s going on, why are you pacing?” Christian asked. I went to answer him when my mother finally answered the phone with a hello.

Holding up a finger I silently gestured for Christian to hold on while I spoke to my mother, “Hey mom, I got your message. What’s going on with grandma that you and dad want to rush down there so quickly?” I asked her.

Christian’s face turned into one of concern as I waited for my mother to explain. I heard her sigh on the other end before she finally began to speak, “Well it seems your grandmother is trying to renovate her house and recently found a bad mold problem and to make matters worse she just found out the contractors hired to work on her house weren’t legally licensed and had to fire them. So now she has this big problem and in way over her head. Your father and I are going down to help get the situation under control. In the end, your grandmother might have to come stay with us until her house is fixed and finished.”